Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south, according to former chairman Simon Jordan

Simon Jordan says there is no ill feeling towards Crystal Palace, despite ploughing millions of pounds of his own money into the club.

Jordan was Crystal Palace owner and chairman for ten years taking them out of administration in 2000 and on a rollercoaster journey before then falling back into administration again in 2010.

But there are no hard feelings from the former owner, and on the contrary, the boyhood Palace fan only wants to see the club be successful.

1070545v.jpg

Speaking to Sky Sports show Premier League World, Jordan said: "When I bump into Crystal Palace fans it's always with the greatest warmth and a touch of sadness and the touch of sadness is reciprocated.

"Crystal Palace is a team I was the owner of for ten years, that my dad played for and supported for 47 years. I want them to be successful and I think Palace has another opportunity again, like it did at the end of the 1970s and going into the 80s, when it was a club that was perceived as the Manchester United of the south and I think it has that opportunity again.

"And I wish the fans all the success that goes with that."

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...simon-jordan/story-30018666-detail/story.html

I did have to check the dates bearing in mind where they are in the Prem ?????????

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They are ....... They're hated like Man U.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south, according to former chairman Simon Jordan

Simon Jordan says there is no ill feeling towards Crystal Palace, despite ploughing millions of pounds of his own money into the club.

Jordan was Crystal Palace owner and chairman for ten years taking them out of administration in 2000 and on a rollercoaster journey before then falling back into administration again in 2010.

But there are no hard feelings from the former owner, and on the contrary, the boyhood Palace fan only wants to see the club be successful.

View attachment 80595

Speaking to Sky Sports show Premier League World, Jordan said: "When I bump into Crystal Palace fans it's always with the greatest warmth and a touch of sadness and the touch of sadness is reciprocated.

"Crystal Palace is a team I was the owner of for ten years, that my dad played for and supported for 47 years. I want them to be successful and I think Palace has another opportunity again, like it did at the end of the 1970s and going into the 80s, when it was a club that was perceived as the Manchester United of the south and I think it has that opportunity again.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...simon-jordan/story-30018666-detail/story.html

I did have to check the dates bearing in mind where they are in the Prem ?????????

This is like one of those very posh Christmas cracker jokes, that no one finds funny!!

Old Trafford - 'Theatre of Dreams'

Selhurst Park - 'Selhurst Park' :shrug:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Thank God for Tony Bloom

Imagine having a tosser like Jordan running your club. No thanks.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just checking my new signature is set, bye :wave:

Minor correction required.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Manchester United won't be relegated again, Palace will be lucky if they're still in the top flight in 5 years. They're a medium/small club, and like other similar-sized clubs, spend their time moving between the top 2 divisions.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

View attachment 80595

We can be the Barcelona of the south, but that's not likely to ever happen either

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's these sort of delusional claims that make them the joke they are. A hint of success and they're getting carried away with themselves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here