Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ethel and Ernest

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No previous mention of this animation gem on here?

Thought it was excellent and think all school kids should be shown it as a history lesson of 20th Century social history.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Thought it was excellent and think all school kids should be shown it as a history lesson of 20th Century social history.

Yes, not a bad idea.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Haven't seen it yet, looking forward to it.

On a side note, bloke in the, ahem, VIDEO shop tried to hire me a copy of 'Kellie and Ernest' the other day.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Big Hilda will be jealous.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I loved it. I don't mind admitting I cried at the end. Ethel reminded me very much of my step-mother, with her comments on the news items.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Haven't seen it yet, looking forward to it.

On a side note, bloke in the, ahem, VIDEO shop tried to hire me a copy of 'Kellie and Ernest' the other day.

Is this the one where Ernest ab sails from the west Stand upper to Kellie, who is tying her shoe lace in the centre circle, shouting 'up the ARSE ?'

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon

Just watched it with the family on BBC IPlayer. A stunning production and an incredible work of art. It was a largely uplifting snapshot of a time gone by, with the animation and script enhanced by the wonderful voices of Jim Broadbent and Brenda Blethyn. The scenes in which Ethel suffers from dementia and then she and Ernest pass away were extremely poignant and, for me, the parallels with my own parents’ ailments and deaths left a lump in my throat and invoked memories and feelings long forgotten. By far the best thing on TV this Xmas, IMHO. Agree with you that this should be shown in schools in terms of illustrating our social history.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Thought this was outstanding and very emotional at the end - my other half was in bits and I had a tear in my eye. I was especially impressed by the gorgeously rendered backgrounds and the seamless blend of 2D and 3D animation. A real quality production all round.

ethelandernest.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here