Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade Guitarist Dave Hill Breaks Arm in Brighton.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1499...fter_crash_with_cyclist_on_Brighton_seafront/

Slade guitarist Dave Hill has suffered a broken elbow after being knocked down by a cyclist on Brighton seafront.

The 70-year-old had left The Grand for a morning stroll along the promenade when the accident took place on Friday (December 23).

The rocker was in the city with his band who had performed the night before at the Concorde 2.

It was their last date of their Christmas 2016 tour.

A statement on the band's official website said: "Unfortunately, shows due to take place in January and February 2017 have had to be cancelled.

"Dave Hill, Lead Guitarist has fractured his elbow after he collided with a cyclist whilst out walking in Brighton on 23rd December.

"Further details will be posted in January."

Agent Abbie Carter added: "Hopefully it isn't too serious. It looks like a clean break and Dave will be back performing in a couple of months.

"He's chomping at the bit to get back performing again."

I went to the Slade Concert at the Top Rank Suite in the early seventies when he performed whilst sitting in a wheelchair having sustained a broken leg.

2016 came for Dave Hill but it finally met its match

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"So here it is Merry Christmas, everybody's having fun!" Oh, the irony!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1499...fter_crash_with_cyclist_on_Brighton_seafront/

Slade guitarist Dave Hill has suffered a broken elbow after being knocked down by a cyclist on Brighton seafront.

The 70-year-old had left The Grand for a morning stroll along the promenade when the accident took place on Friday (December 23).

The rocker was in the city with his band who had performed the night before at the Concorde 2.

A statement on the band's official website said: "Unfortunately, shows due to take place in January and February 2017 have had to be cancelled.

"Dave Hill, Lead Guitarist has fractured his elbow after he collided with a cyclist whilst out walking in Brighton on 23rd December.

Agent Abbie Carter added: "Hopefully it isn't too serious. It looks like a clean break and Dave will be back performing in a couple of months.

I went to the Slade Concert at the Top Rank Suite in the early seventies when he performed whilst sitting in a wheelchair having sustained a broken leg.

No problem, he can just sit back and count the royalty money from the Xmas song. Oh no, Noddy's got all that hasn't he?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
No problem, he can just sit back and count the royalty money from the Xmas song. Oh no, Noddy's got all that hasn't he?

Well, Noddy is the holder.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I loved the Dave Hill Story when he was shown the itinerary for their world tour.

(In a good black country accent) I don't understand why, after we have finished doing Japan, we are booked to do America right over the other side of the map ?

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Apparently he was helped up by his friend Stan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can't he mime,like on Top of the Pops?:lolol:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

1971 and it wasn't a wheelchair, it was a "silver throne". Some sort of easy chair covered in silver paper.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's like Final Destination. Only two days to go and celebrities can sleep easy again.
Holy shit - when I saw this thread I had an image of Final Destination, so I clicked on it to post something similar.

Dave is going to be commenting on how lucky he was to only break his arm, and then some freak occurrence is going to decapitate him :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here