Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA 17 The anger.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'd like to think of myself as a fairly calm, easy going and just a generally chilled out guy.
I do have my :flounce: s but at the end of the day who doesn't.

Sometimes I have a free moment in which I turn on my Xbox One games console, grab the controller and put in FIFA 17.
Following this I start up my career mode or seasons mode, I play a few games, I win said games.
I feel happy and a sense of enjoyment after this, so I decide to play some more games, in which I play the game in the exact same way I did in the previous ones...

However...
Open goals seem to hit the bar, very frustrating. But I am dominating the game so I know it's only a matter of time.
Suddenly, an opposition player starts running down either wing or the centre of the pitch. Each player I am controlling at that moment swarms on him, nothing happens. The player takes a shot and it goes in. FFS!

More and more shots are fired at the oppositions goal from me. More and more are unrealistically blocked, saved or missed.
The opposition break away, and shoot from 35 yards, it bounces off one of my defenders and the goalkeeper and goes in.

I ****ing lose it. Like literally ****ing lose it, I throw the controller across the room, I scream every insult under the sun at the ***** who made this shitty game.

I hammer the off button on my xbox before I get even more annoyed.

Okay sorry for the long post, but does anyone else get unbelievably angry when playing this game?, I think I've been much less annoyed at things that should've made me livid, than I have at this and many other FIFAs before this one.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sometimes I have a free moment in which I turn on my Xbox One games console, grab the controller and put in FIFA 17.
Following this I start up my career mode or seasons mode, I play a few games, I win said games.
I feel happy and a sense of enjoyment after this, so I decide to play some more games, in which I play the game in the exact same way I did in the previous ones...

However...
Open goals seem to hit the bar, very frustrating. But I am dominating the game so I know it's only a matter of time.
Suddenly, an opposition player starts running down either wing or the centre of the pitch. Each player I am controlling at that moment swarms on him, nothing happens. The player takes a shot and it goes in. FFS!

More and more shots are fired at the oppositions goal from me. More and more are unrealistically blocked, saved or missed.
The opposition break away, and shoot from 35 yards, it bounces off one of my defenders and the goalkeeper and goes in.

I ****ing lose it. Like literally ****ing lose it, I throw the controller across the room, I scream every insult under the sun at the ***** who made this shitty game.

I hammer the off button on my xbox before I get even more annoyed.

Okay sorry for the long post, but does anyone else get unbelievably angry when playing this game?, I think I've been much less annoyed at things that should've made me livid, than I have at this and many other FIFAs before this one.
From listening to friends play, I think that's how FIFA is, and it's deliberate from EA.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sometimes your players just don't do what you want them to do.. I had this with ultimate team yesterday; I've built a good side with Coman, Inaki Williams and IF Gameiro up top, who were banging them in last week as we strolled into the weekend league and had a half decent run in FUT Champions.
Yesterday, I may as well have had Seb Carole, Jason Jarrett and Billy Paynter up top. No power behind shots, unable to hold the ball up, every pass being hinted down.. i was 1-0 up in the 89th in an online seasons game and I passed a free kick straight to the oppo striker to run through and score somehow, then gave away a penalty (which went in under my keeper somehow despire going the right way) without pressing a button. luckily I don't get much time to play because I was ****ing raging..

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I can relate to this.

Online Seasons, currently in Div 2 I think. Was comfortably winning 3-1 in a game the other day and my opponent gets a deflected goal and then a jammy rebound tap-in. I think at this point he had 4 shots to my 12 or 13 in the match. I lost it and threw my controller at the wall, which naturally smashed to bits. I recover the situation with spare controller and get a jammy deflected winner in the last minute.

I have a real love/hate relationship with the game!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

From listening to friends play, I think that's how FIFA is, and it's deliberate from EA.

I lost it and threw my controller at the wall, which naturally smashed to bits.

I ****ing lose it. Like literally ****ing lose it, I throw the controller across the room,

I think I can see the logic now. How much do these controllers cost...?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm told it's to encourage new shit players, who lose a bit, then suddenly win some and want to keep playing etc

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

You are indeed right. £40 for a new controller, and I can say from experience that they are very um, breakable :lol:
In truth, the game can be very rage inducing, from seemingly no fault of your own. Of course it's easy for others to say "You're just shit" but sometimes you're ability feels irrelevant.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
In all seriousness where you could be coming unstuck is playing out of form players in career mode. You want to have a look at the squad report when your picking your team and see what the players mood and form is like. If they have 'good' or 'excellent' form then everything they touch goes in, whereas players in poor form will literally miss an open goal from 2 yards.

Will admit there are some very very annoying little things on FIFA. Like when you come bowling out of defence with a full back hoping your winger makes a run for you but he just stands there like a total lemon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe it is a variation of the rubber band effect from Mario Kart.
That would make sense if the game got harder when you were in the lead, but apparently it does it on a game by game basis.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anyway, the answer is obvious. For the cost of two copies of Fifa, you could buy yourself a Commodore 64 and an SD2IEC and play the non cheating Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, Microprose Soccer and for the sadistic amongst you, World Cup Carnival. Or an Amiga 500 with Gotek Floppy Emulator and play Kick Off, Sensible Soccer, Championship Manager etc. No 5 year olds to swear at you either.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thought it was well know that there is a momentum system, you can win 5 matches in a row in the premier league easy and then find a league cup match against Crawley impossible. It's just the game evening things up.

I don't play it anymore, watching friends get so frustrated with it completely puts me off.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fifa 17 is a poor game, seems everything is slower and there is a delay on everything.

I am sure most of it is user error, but I just don't find it enjoyable

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought it was well know that there is a momentum system, you can win 5 matches in a row in the premier league easy and then find a league cup match against Crawley impossible. It's just the game evening things up.
Which is complete bullshit! Particularly when playing online against real life opponents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here