Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Cardiff

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I imagine Hughton will want to try and rotate where possible, fatigue is an issue at this time of year. So my guess at a team is:

Stockdale

Bruno-Dunk-Duffy-Pocognoli

Knockaert-Stephens-Sidwell-Murphy

Hemed-Baldock

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I imagine Hughton will want to try and rotate where possible, fatigue is an issue at this time of year. So my guess at a team is:

Stockdale

Hemed-Baldock

Happy with that but Murray for Hemed. He's in lethal form and was withdrawn early yesterday. Can do the same if we get a couple in front.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
They can't be that fatigued, they will have played one game in a fortnight.

Yes, but the kick-off for Fulham away game is less than 66 hours after the match finishes, so some tactical tinkering will happen in order to maximise our chances in both games.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Same side as QPR. Simple.

Fatigue is a load of old tosh, the players had over a week off last week and get a week off when we face MK Dons in the FA Cup.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to play March & Skalak and give Knockert a rest. I'd also be tempted to give Hemed a start with Murray on the basis that Baldock will need a rest soon.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Stockdale

Hemed-Baldock

He took off Muzza with the intention of playing him against Cardiff I think. You could be right on the others.

Interesting thing for me is will CH play Goldson in preparation for Dunk's inevitable ban? It would mean Dunk avoids suspension for Fulham and could pick up a yellow there and be banned for MKDons in cup and Preston away.

Otherwise it's looking very likely we may not have him for Fulham or any 2 out of Massive/Toon/Hudds.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Norwood
March

Murray
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Pocognoli, Goldson, Sidwell, Skalak, Hemed, Murphy

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He took off Muzza with the intention of playing him against Cardiff I think. You could be right on the others.

Interesting thing for me is will CH play Goldson in preparation for Dunk's inevitable ban? It would mean Dunk avoids suspension for Fulham and could pick up a yellow there and be banned for MKDons in cup and Preston away.

Otherwise it's looking very likely we may not have him for Fulham or any 2 out of Massive/Toon/Hudds.

Think this is what will happen. Goldson could do with game time as Dunk WILL be suspended. Give Connor a game on Friday, Dunk back in at Fulham. Chances are he'll get booked anyway, if not, it's not hard to twist the refs arm.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'd like to think we'd go with the same starting 11 as against QPR, the only change might be Murphy or Skalak for March, depending on how Sollys fitness is to play 2 games that closely together after such a long time out. I'd save Sidwell for Fulham away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keith

Richard
Shane
Patrick
Aimee Anne

Troy
Brian John
Uriah
Megan

Darryl
Stephen Tin Tin

That should get the job done.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Think this is what will happen. Goldson could do with game time as Dunk WILL be suspended. Give Connor a game on Friday, Dunk back in at Fulham. Chances are he'll get booked anyway, if not, it's not hard to twist the refs arm.
I see the sense there but would play Dunk tbh. We need his height against a tall Cardiff side who will play long at every opportunity unlike QPR who kept playing it short.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

Thats just daft! It turns a two game ban into a three game ban. He just needs to keep his nose clean against Cardiff, then get the yellow against Fulham. Goldson has the cup game in preparation for the Preston game.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Cardiff will park the bus like they did at home. We start with the same team, but if its still 0-0 at 60 mins, we put Hemed in for Baldock and go long ball. Just like Birmingham.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Professional athletes with fatigue:lolol:

Same side as QPR. Simple.

Fatigue is a load of old tosh, the players had over a week off last week and get a week off when we face MK Dons in the FA Cup.
Yeah I'm not talking dead on their feet fatigue, simply a percentage reduction on their sharpness. If you've got the players to slot in seemlessly who are at 100% then it's an option.

:)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think there will be a few changes to freshen up the squad given the quick turnaround of games. Maybe Murphy in for March and Sidwell in for Norwood?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here