Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] QPR match REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Want to read a report on yesterday's match? No? Don't click here then: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?637-Albion-3-0-QPR-27-12-2016

In the 'olden days' (basically before this season) if Brighton were unbeaten in MONTHS, playing at home to a team losing week on week, with all and sundry predicting a routine home win, the battle-weary Albion faithful knew exactly what to expect. Things are different right now. Never, in the 33 seasons I've been religiously rolling up, have the words 'routine', 'home' and 'win' shared a sentence with regularity, except perhaps in the Scunthorpe Observer or the Bury Examiner, dissecting our away travails.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good report but is Baldock really our best 2nd tier 2nd striker. Has he more than Poskett for example (17 I think) or even Ward who in two seasons scored 24 (you wouldn't describe him as the centre forward/main striker).

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Good report but is Baldock really our best 2nd tier 2nd striker. Has he more than Poskett for example (17 I think) or even Ward who in two seasons scored 24 (you wouldn't describe him as the centre forward/main striker).

You misunderstand. I perhaps wasn't clear in what I was trying to say.

It means 'of all the clubs in THIS SEASON's Championship, none have a second-highest scoring striker with more goals'. i.e Gayle has 17 but Newcastle have nobody else with many, Brentford have only Hogan, etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was it only me who thought that Onuoha clipped Baldock's heel? I've seen lots of posts saying they were side by side, or coming together, but Baldock did get slightly ahead, when I thought his heel was clipped. Watch the replay and keep your eye on his feet. Remember that Stroud was directly behind them so had a good view.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was it only me who thought that Onuoha clipped Baldock's heel? I've seen lots of posts saying they were side by side, or coming together, but Baldock did get slightly ahead, when I thought his heel was clipped. Watch the replay and keep your eye on his feet. Remember that Stroud was directly behind them so had a good view.

I thought Baldock did just about get ahead, but effectively was outmuscled. I would have been gutted if it had been one of ours.

Not sure about heels being clipped, more of a coming together. Will have another look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I thought Baldock did just about get ahead, but effectively was outmuscled. I would have been gutted if it had been one of ours.

Not sure about heels being clipped, more of a coming together. Will have another look.

Its not 100% clear cut - its a judgement call, which is why someone is always going to end up feeling hard done by. What it absolutely is not though, is a MISTAKE by Keith Stroud. Personally, I think he's got it right - whilst it was a 'coming together' rather than a deliberate trip, Baldock had got goal side, which makes it Onouha's responsibility to avoid contact. He made no attempt to do so.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its not 100% clear cut - its a judgement call, which is why someone is always going to end up feeling hard done by. What it absolutely is not though, is a MISTAKE by Keith Stroud. Personally, I think he's got it right - whilst it was a 'coming together' rather than a deliberate trip, Baldock had got goal side, which makes it Onouha's responsibility to avoid contact. He made no attempt to do so.

Interesting view. Arguably, though, by the time he had got in front he was off balance as a result of the shoulder barge, and on that basis for me the decision is incorrect.

Of course, if there is a heel clip then I would agree the decision is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'm with you on this (again). Either it was a foul and, therefore, a red card, or it wasn't. There are arguments for either position, but I do think they veer towards the former.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Excellent report

Someone, somewhere, must have stats on that passing move, I agree it was ridiculously high but would love to know how many.

As for the sending off, although several replays show that there is definitely doubt, and perhaps not even a free kick let alone a sending off, the ref gets one look at it and I think everyone thought Baldock was ahead of Onhoua and fouled, therefore straight red.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're a mate of mine obviously, so I have no desire to big you up. But honestly, I absolutely love reading your match reports [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]. They are qualla.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here