Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today - Biggest Home Support since?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Only 1500 QPR, so around 28,600 Albion supporters in the crowd. When was the last time that happened at home?

We've had a few 30k crowds at the Amex but often with big away support. Pre-Amex era?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Division 2 or 3 in the seventies. Ipswich and Derby in the Cup. Palace and Sheffield Weds as we got promoted from Division three spring to mind. None whilst we were in the top flight, maybe Norwich, Man City or Liverpool in the FA Cup?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Division 2 or 3 in the seventies. Ipswich and Derby in the Cup. Palace and Sheffield Weds as we got promoted from Division three spring to mind. None whilst we were in the top flight, maybe Norwich, Man City or Liverpool in the FA Cup?

Norwich QF 28,600 but included the Norwich crowd. Probably only Wembley 91 and Cardiff 06 beat today in the modern era and they were in bigger arenas

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rochdale in 70s when we got a draw to get promoted. 33k and not many Rochdale

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looking at Tim Carder's book v Blackpool in April 1978 pulled 33k, doubt if there were many that weren't Albion.

How many tickets left for Cardiff, can't see them bringing a lot

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looking at Tim Carder's book v Blackpool in April 1978 pulled 33k, doubt if there were many that weren't Albion.
The clamour to get into The Goldstone that day was incredible. The North Stand was full and closed by 1.30pm - Barber would have loved it - although not sure how much they made on Wagon Wheels....

Off the top of my head there would have been another one or two big Albion fan counts the following season? Towards the end - Charlton or Blackburn...? Bad that I can't remember the last two or three home games of 78/79 - need to read my Bible more often...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

How many tickets left for Cardiff, can't see them bringing a lot

Almost sold out when we bought ours yesterday. Very quick look at a Cardiff forum says 250 sold....!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The clamour to get into The Goldstone that day was incredible. The North Stand was full and closed by 1.30pm - Barber would have loved it

One of my first and definately still my most memorable game. Convinced we were watching us going up in the belief that Spurs and Stains would play a proper game.

The naivety of youth, and never since have I counted chickens! This season is beginning to test that!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only 1500 QPR, so around 28,600 Albion supporters in the crowd. When was the last time that happened at home?

We've had a few 30k crowds at the Amex but often with big away support. Pre-Amex era?

And they were singing 'Your support is f__king shit'?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
How many fans took advantage of the club exchange also I am sure a few fans run their on exchange system.
Who's attending The Cardiff game who didint make QPR game. Still many empty seats.
The South stand looked good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And they were singing 'Your support is f__king shit'?

Atmosphere was terrible considering we went top. Always is on early kickoffs for some reason but it REALLY doesn't help when you have the two North Stand cliques competing against each other's songs AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only 1500 QPR, so around 28,600 Albion supporters in the crowd.

There weren't anywhere near that though, were there? I was a #BadFan and watched on TV and the number of empty seats was quite noticeable.

Probably the best populated area was the South Stand, not surprisingly I guess, as those people bought a ticket for that specific game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There weren't anywhere near that though, were there? I was a #BadFan and watched on TV and the number of empty seats was quite noticeable.

Probably the best populated area was the South Stand, not surprisingly I guess, as those people bought a ticket for that specific game.

Around 7% of ST holders will not show up for any one game across all clubs. Unfortunately for us, I reckon 90%+ of that 7% are in the East stand for the cameras.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Can't speak about the family stand where I sit as it's hard to tell when one is there but the other parts of the ground looked MUCH more like a sellout than the other big crowds we've had this season. I couldn't see many gaps in the south, West or north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here