Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan and early Feb

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Are giving me the heebie-jeebies.

Away to Fulham and Preston, at home to Wednesday and Newcastle followed by away trips to Huddersfield and Brentford.

If we are still top 2 after that tricky little run I think we'll be laughing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Away to Fulham and Preston, at home to Wednesday and Newcastle followed by away trips to Huddersfield and Brentford.

Tough run of fixtures and Fulham is the one I think we'll struggle in the most. They totally outplayed us in the first half at the Amex in the best away performance I have seen at the Amex since Boro trounced us.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

OK but they will be fearing us more than we will be them. Currently we are getting the rub of the green and coasting a good bit through games. Knocky and Murray are the key. If they keep fit 'we are going up'

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I think a few of the top teams will drop points in the new year. It's just important that we beat Cardiff and give ourselves as big a point cushion as possible. There are quite a few teams on a good run at the moment and it can't last for all of them.

I agree about Jan and feb looking tricky but I try and think of two things.

1) solly march finding his form and kayal and rosenior coming back to strengthen the squad.

2) whilst we're thinking "this'll be tricky" the other teams are probably thinking "shit, we've got Brighton".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a run from Feb that I've had my eye on for a while which looks fairly kind.

Brentford A
Burton H
Ips H
Barnsley A
Reading H
Forest A
Rotherham A

None of them scare me massively TBH...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

I'll be at all 6 matches - and loving every second.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Yeah, but look how nice April is. Anyway, we have to play every side once more, and so does every other team in the championship

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There's a run from Feb that I've had my eye on for a while which looks fairly kind.

Brentford A
Burton H
Ips H
Barnsley A
Reading H
Forest A
Rotherham A

Yep if we can get past the Brentford game in the top two, that run of fixtures looks good.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Kayal and rosenoir back for January.

Newcastle will probably move. Critical we beat Cardiff, then if we can get 9 points from Fulham, Preston, Huddersfield, Brentford and sheff w we will be laughing.

Would give us 63 points after 29 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Brentford A
Burton H
Ips H
Barnsley A
Reading H
Forest A
Rotherham A

Brentford one of our two losses, Barnsley are a good side that plenty have underestimated and also did well when they came to us and reading will be an important one

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We have to keep taking one game at a time, there really isn't anyone to fear for this group of players. I'm very confident we are the strongest team in this division and hopefully will be mathematically promoted by Easter.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I just think we have to much guile for teams in this division we have ground out wins without really extending ourselves and we will get stronger as the season goes on like last season
The 1st half of the season is about positioning ourselves into a promotion position the 2nd half is to cement it with a flourish because the sooner we get promoted the sooner we can start building for the prem

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We're top of the league FFS! I can't see anything other than winning every game until the end if the season :moo:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Other sides near us have it even tougher....we do well against the best sides and don't say that to often :)

Call me sad - go on, you know you want to, but I have been doing some analysis of the upcoming fixtures for January and February for the top 10 teams (currently down to Barnsley). There are a total of 11 games each during this period.

As it turns out, if you take each opponents relative position as an average then we have the second hardest Jan/Feb of the 10 teams, with only Barnsley having a slightly tougher time of it.

We play 6 teams of the top 10 during this period, compared to Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham who only play 3 each.

Fulham have a tough spell with their next 3 fixtures being against top 3 sides, but then they don't have another top 10 fixture until March - so a chance for them to make up ground.

Villa have a similar scenario with their next 7 games all being against teams currently ranked 14th to 19th, so again ample opportunity to rack up some points.

As has been said a million times, football isn't played on paper, but the stats do make interesting reading (well, for saddo's like me they do!)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Except the FA Cup could screw with the fixtures all over the place.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Except the FA Cup could screw with the fixtures all over the place.

Starting with Newcastle, which would be a major surprise if played on 28th Jan. Odds are heavily stacked on one of us reaching the 4th round. They have Brum away, which is winnable and we have a struggling MKD at home. Be strange if we drew each other in the 4th round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here