Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane "THE ROCK" Duffy

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What a superb signing he is proving. I thought he was superb today and MOM was between him and Baldock.
He won every single ball in the air and is getting better and better every game. For the 1st time today, I thought he was better than Dunky.
That tackle, half way through the 2nd half was a "champaign moment". Absolutely crunching tackle that won the ball
A brilliant signing which has resulted in the best centre-back pairing in the country.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I should have waited 10 minutes, instead of posting this on the ratings thread:-

As good a place as any:-

I know Baldock's goal was fantastic.
The penalty was at 'my' end.
Knockaert ran in, in front of me, but the action I could watch all day was...

...at some point, in the second half, Duffy (who else) cleared a ball during which time he and the ball quite possibly past through their forward.
Had the Berlin Wall been in front of him, there'd now be a Shane Duffy shaped hole in it.

Quite magnificent.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What a superb signing he is proving. I thought he was superb today and MOM was between him and Baldock.
He won every single ball in the air and is getting better and better every game. For the 1st time today, I thought he was better than Dunky.
That tackle, half way through the 2nd half was a "champaign moment". Absolutely crunching tackle that won the ball
A brilliant signing which has resulted in the best centre-back pairing in the country.
And only 24......With Dunk they must be the youngest partners at that high level, surely?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We have had a few Duffy posts recently on the same lines.....was at fault for the Brum goal, curiously rather like the late Preston equaliser. But he is immense, literally and metaphorically and the perfect partner for Dunk.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We have had a few Duffy posts recently on the same lines.....was at fault for the Brum goal, curiously rather like the late Preston equaliser. But he is immense, literally and metaphorically and the perfect partner for Dunk.

What I like about Duffy he is still relatively young for a central defender, imagine he may peak in 10 years time and have 10 years of experience and eliminate a lot of his mistakes. Quite frightening the potential he and Dunk have as a potential long term pairing.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I just love it everytime there is an aerial duel looming and he is moving with the attacker to challenge he seems to leap an extra foot added to the ferocity with which he attacks the ball. It really is a thing of beauty.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Not as much as Stephens was!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No you're wrong. He's shit and has a 50p head and Blackburn have mugged is for £3.5mil remember... That's what Twitter told me.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not many people know he sings beautifully as well, wouldn't have thought that he'd have such a sensitive voice.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What I like about Duffy he is still relatively young for a central defender.

He'll be twenty five on Saturday. Hopefully he gets the perfect present of three points on Friday night :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think putting the Blame at Duffy's door for Brums goal is a tad harsh. Sometimes you have to accept that good goals will be conceded without blame. It was a good goal for them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I watched a clip from last season yesterday and seeing Greer running around in defence seemed an absolute lifetime away. I loved Gordon, always came across a great bloke, and he was a fantastic value signing over the years.

But Duffy and Dunk are simply on another level. People from other clubs look on at our centre halves now with envy. I find it hard to believe that we were still relying on Greer only a matter of months ago. It's a different world now.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He is immense. I was surprised when we broke our transfer record on a centre back but what a decision it has turned out to be. Him and Dunk are the best partnership I have seen in 27 seasons of watching Albion. If we do go up, I think they'd be a very good Premier League pairing for us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I watched a clip from last season yesterday and seeing Greer running around in defence seemed an absolute lifetime away. I loved Gordon, always came across a great bloke, and he was a fantastic value signing over the years.

But Duffy and Dunk are simply on another level. People from other clubs look on at our centre halves now with envy. I find it hard to believe that we were still relying on Greer only a matter of months ago. It's a different world now.
You thought Greer was good looking, maybe that clouded your judgement?.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think putting the Blame at Duffy's door for Brums goal is a tad harsh. Sometimes you have to accept that good goals will be conceded without blame. It was a good goal for them.

Say, when we do arrive in the premier league, and play West Ham, a corner comes in, Duffy challenges Andy Carroll, AC scores, would SD be at fault?
No, I don't really think so, AC wins majority of the aerial heading duels.
It's a learning curve for him.
There are taller CF out there:albion2:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Say, when we do arrive in the premier league, and play West Ham, a corner comes in, Duffy challenges Andy Carroll, AC scores, would SD be at fault?
No, I don't really think so, AC wins majority of the aerial heading duels.
It's a learning curve for him.
My point entirely. A good goal is a good goal.
As was our first today. An individual piece of skill sometimes you cannot stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here