Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know there are some old fans on here but......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
..can anyone remember a better team than this one for resilience and the killer instinct?

I thought our 1978/9 team that took us up were exceptional and the team that took us to the cup final, although eventually proved not good enough to keep us up, was a great side with very good players

In my 44 years of supporting brighton, I think this is the one!

Tremendous keeper

Powerful defence

Talented and competant midfield.

Skilful and fast wingers

Talented forwards and prolific goalscorers

Extremely talented bench

Brilliant manger and back room staff

Visionary owner.

These are certainly the good days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
..can anyone remember a better team than this one for resilience and the killer instinct?

I thought our 1978/9 team that took us up were exceptional and the team that took us to the cup final, although eventually proved not good enough to keep us up, was a great side with very good players

Tremendous keeper

Powerful defence

Skilful and fast wingers

Extremely talented bench

Visionary owner.

The rest kind of takes care of itself.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Tremendous keeper

Powerful defence

Skilful and fast wingers

Extremely talented bench

Visionary owner.

Can I have a glass of whatever you are on tonight please? :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every once in a while I do have to remind myself:-

This is as good as it's going to get.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Different era so you can't really compare like with like. However emotionally I think this season is the strongest (best) for me and that is going back over 45 years.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Waited all season for Knockaert & March to start a game together, today didn't disappoint and will only get better as Solly gets more game time, frightening prospect for any defence add Murray to that and just think when Kayal is back as well
If people have enjoyed the first 23 games I predict the next 23 to be even more special
So the answer to OP is yes I do believe as a whole squad this is the best group of players I've enjoyed watching since 1974

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Waited all season for Knockaert & March to start a game together, today didn't disappoint and will only get better as Solly gets more game time, frightening prospect for any defence add Murray to that and just think when Kayal is back as well
If people have enjoyed the first 23 games I predict the next 23 to be even more special
So the answer to OP is yes I do believe as a whole squad this is the best group of players I've enjoyed watching since 1974

When Solly and Knocky have run them ragged, we bring on Murphy!

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Compared with what most Brighton fans of my age have endured, it is amazing what I have been able to experience. Starting with the great escape, through League 1 domination then the Amex. The Wednesday playoff at the Amex last year leading to what is the best performance (so far) I have seen ever.
Great coach, classy players, dedicated owner.
Christ I'm scared but loving this season so far, and this team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lawro, Stevens, Wardy, Sully, Horton, Moseley, Robinson......have we got players better than them now? Impossible really to compare one era with another..........think I'll make up my mind if/when we're doing OK in the PL.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Tremendous keeper

Powerful defence

Skilful and fast wingers

Extremely talented bench

Visionary owner.

I think I have a good idea of what Chris Hughton would say about this statement.

"Why does he use the name Publius Ovidius? He could just have used Ovid."

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Been going for 53 years and as I get telling the moaners, this is the best time we have ever had. Think the late 70's team
Had maybe some better players and was awesome to watch, but we have a better squad, ground, club etc and dare I say, premiership ready. Watched the game yesterday in a bar in Dubai with an avid Liverpool fan and he was so impressed with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
_48040072_alexrae466b.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here