Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stubborn Staff in the Superstore

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My wife bought me a Nike sweatshirt by mailorder from the club superstore for xmas. Unfortunately after trying it on it wasn't the right size.

So I took it back this morning to swap it for one a size larger. However, although they had plenty on the rail in the required size, when I took it to the check out l was told, 'sorry, no returns on matchdays'.

So despite the fact there was hardly anyone else in the store, and both the returned item and the new item both had the same value, the staff could not, or would not help, saying come back later in the week and we'll do it.

Well that's all well and good if your don't have to work, but miost of us do! It's a shame a liitle common sense couldn't have been applied.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's Christmas, we won 3-0 and we're top of the league. I couldn't give a Sh1t about your top.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My wife bought me a Nike sweatshirt by mailorder from the club superstore for xmas. Unfortunately after trying it on it wasn't the right size.

So I took it back this morning to swap it for one a size larger. However, although they had plenty on the rail in the required size, when I took it to the check out l was told, 'sorry, no returns on matchdays'.

So despite the fact there was hardly anyone else in the store, and both the returned item and the new item both had the same value, the staff could not, or would not help, saying come back later in the week and we'll do it.

Well that's all well and good if your don't have to work, but miost of us do! It's a shame a liitle common sense couldn't have been applied.
Agreed. The tiny marginal advantage of the no returns on matchday policy is not worth pissing people off who can't make it any other time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I hate jobsworth crap like this. We are being royally fleeced for the privilege of watching second tier football and can expect decent "customer service".

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
On the plus side, I got to my seat in the WSU today to find a bag on it containing a birthday card (addressed to me, don't worry: I didn't steal one off some kid) and a lovely new scarf. I was really rather thrilled with this small but very nice gesture. I love the Albion sometimes :) :clap2:

<braces self for Ernest's next thread>

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm not a fan of the staff in there either.

At the start of the season I bought a Murray 17 shirt for my son before he went off to uni. They hadn't gone into full production at the time so I got one printed off. Unfortunately I gave them the wrong size (yes I know this was my fault) which I only realised when I got to the till. I was told no refunds for printed shirts and would have to pay another 50 quid for another one if I wanted a larger size.

Not sure how many Murray 17 shirts have been sold in the shop since but I would have thought quite a few.

It was the attitude of the guy I spoke to though. No sympathy or effort to try and help. A little bit of decent customer service would have been nice.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's Christmas, we won 3-0 and we're top of the league. I couldn't give a Sh1t about your top.

Plenty of other threads to comment on for you. :thumbsup:

Thanks to the OP for pointing this out, it may save other fans trying to exchange items on a match day, obviously he didn't know this rule, and neither did I.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should have just swapped it on the rail and walked out!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On the plus side, I got to my seat in the WSU today to find a bag on it containing a birthday card (addressed to me, don't worry: I didn't steal one off some kid) and a lovely new scarf. I was really rather thrilled with this small but very nice gesture. I love the Albion sometimes :) :clap2:

Are you saying it was from the club?!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I had the same issue in there today. Girl on the till was great but senior supervisor was a bit of a jobs worth. She tried to say that it had been told on all orders that no returns until 28th Dec.

When I got out the invoice, delivery note and packaging (none of it said no exchanges until 28th Dec despite the claim on the lady) she got a bit irate.

She then said that exchanges would be allowed after the game. So I agreed to that, however it did mean that the impulse purchase that we were thinking of making for crimson shirts ahead of the Fulham game didn't happen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well if you don't give a sh1t, then why bother replying to the thread? Just save your energy.

And you trying eating less mince pies then you might have been able to fit into your top and so not feel the need to piss on everybody's chips.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well if you don't give a sh1t, then why bother replying to the thread? Just save your energy.

And you trying eating less mince pies then you might have been able to fit into your top and so not feel the need to piss on everybody's chips.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Did it contain garden vouchers ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Are you saying it was from the club?!

Well it was signed "from all at Brighton & Hove Albion" in the card, which was hand-written.

I'm not suggesting there was any sort of magical, Santa Claus style hand at work here, but as far as I know, nobody I go to games with had organised it. Maybe it was just a case of randomly plucking me off the database as somebody (no doubt one of many!) on the ST holder list who had a birthday last week...but I don't care, as I have a FREE new scarf and a birthday card. Which makes me feel like an excitable ten year old all over again :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here