Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver norwood

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
His partnership with Stephens is going very well. The both of them allow us to keep possession and use the ball very constructively. We're able to knock the ball around in free flow thanks to having 2 centre-midfielders whose main attributes are passing. The last 15/20 minutes of the game was a midfield masterpiece of 2 touch passing and wonderful vision. It was sublime to watch.

I really hope Stephens sign a contract extension.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
His partnership with Stephens is going very well. The both of them allow us to keep possession and use the ball very constructively. We're able to knock the ball around in free flow thanks to having 2 centre-midfielders whose main attributes are passing. The last 15/20 minutes of the game was a midfield masterpiece of 2 touch passing and wonderful vision. It was sublime to watch.

I really hope Stephens sign a contract extension.

Agree on all of the above however I think Stephens will only stay if we go up. I hope to be proven wrong however.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Kayal is going to have to work very hard to win his place back with Norwood, Sidwell and Stephens all playing so well recently. Norwood's passing was excellent today, much more suited to our style of play at home.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Passing excellent BUT the pairing is a bit light as when they had their spells of ascendancy felt we were lacking Sidwell's bite in the tackle.

Cardiff will cause them more problems so I would expect CH to maybe change things up.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Kayal is going to have to work very hard to win his place back with Norwood, Sidwell and Stephens all playing so well recently. Norwood's passing was excellent today, much more suited to our style of play at home.
Kayal is better all round than those two and offers far more in attack.....He will stay in there once he gets his chance.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Passing excellent BUT the pairing is a bit light as when they had their spells of ascendancy felt we were lacking Sidwell's bite in the tackle.

Cardiff will cause them more problems so I would expect CH to maybe change things up.

Stephens is not lightweight. He might be when compared to Duffy but, then again, who isn't?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
With Norwood March and Knockaert we are a bit 'light' in midfield in my opinion, we can get away with it against poor opposition like today. Today's team put a big onus on Stephens, more than I would be comfortable with on any sort of regular basis

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Not true. Cardiff will play quicker front to back but we will be afforded more play in the middle 1/3rd and Norwoods range of passing will come into it's own in breaking them down.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Cardiff and Preston the worst teams I've seen this season.

Cardiff time wasting from kick off when the home side is embarrassing.

QPR better team in first half so hardly a poor side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Thought he was MoM today - didn't put a foot wrong.

He played very well today and 2nd half his range of passing was superb however there was one, thankfully not costly error when his attempted clearance went straight to a Rangers player who missed the target. A few times this season he has been fortunate not to cost us a goal with either poor passing or clearances.

Good to have four quality midfielders in our squad, fantastic cover for injuries and suspensions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our midfield is reliant on and dependant on Stephens who makes so much room for those around him just by 1 little turn. Norwoods passing was very good but it must be remembered that they dropped a midfielder back to cover the red card so he had acres of space to do what he wanted to with the ball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here