Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Liz Smith

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought that might be the queen when I saw this post. pheww. Sorry for the loss of this lady though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
She was stalwart of comedies when I was growing up...I didn't know you cared...and later vicar of dibley and royale family

Jul 7, 2003
I always used to joke to my Mrs that Liz Smith was my other woman. Always entertaining as an actress.

Not sure where she died but she was living in Worthing up until recently. I had the pleasure of pressing the pedestrian crossing button to help her across the road a few years ago. RIP Liz.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I watched the one a few months ago where she died, quite surreal.

I must admit, I'd thought she (the actress) was dead. Confusing fiction & reality it seems.

That episode was one of the Royle Family's best, a fantastic blend of humour and pathos.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I must admit, I'd thought she (the actress) was dead. Confusing fiction & reality it seems.

That episode was one of the Royle Family's best, a fantastic blend of humour and pathos.

Have no idea why I wrote months ago, it was on a few NIGHTS ago. Thats why I said it was quite surreal.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Loved her as Annie Brandon. Also gutted as I had her in last years sweepstake. RIP

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP liz......a classic actress of the old school who always added gravitas to whatever role she played.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
She was 95, So not one of the 2016 Grim Reaper's most spectacular efforts. But Liz Smith was so much more than the Royle Family. An outstanding actress. 'A Private Function' was her greatest performance, very funny.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"How do you spell funeral, Denise?"

"F U N."

"Stop there". "What does that spell?"

"Fun, Nana".

"Well that's what I want my funeral to be, fun. Don't be sad for me. Think of all the laughs we had"

.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here