Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most Evocative/meaningful songs in your life.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Partly inspired by the sad news of George Michael's death and the meaning it held for some people I was wondering what one song stood out as the tune that defined an important/defining moment in your lives.

For me Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy, 1989, listening to it on a Sony Walkman on a bus heading to RAF Lyneham. Flying out on a Hercules (age 19) to train with the 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, New York State. Sort of a rights of passage/growing up experience.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong, my Dads favourite song, and played at his funeral.
It summed up his outlook on life,and,I can't hear it now without some lovely memories flooding bck

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Power of Love has to be one of the most evocative songs, no personal meaning, its just hits the emotional sweet spot.
Oasis's Champagne Supernova, for glorious youthful, drunken nights at karaoke/pub jukebox/shouting in car.
then about a dozen club anthems for those nights we were heros.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
All by Jackson Browne. Too many to mention, but I'd start with 'Late for the sky', 'Fountain of sorrow' and 'For a dancer', but there are many others.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Some of the very best music have no lyrics at all

I may just add i was 12 when this came out,discovering girls and so forth.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Power of Love has to be one of the most evocative songs, no personal meaning, its just hits the emotional sweet spot.
Oasis's Champagne Supernova, for glorious youthful, drunken nights at karaoke/pub jukebox/shouting in car.
then about a dozen club anthems for those nights we were heros.

This with bells on :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hold a chicken in the air
Stick a deckchair up your nose
Buy a jumbo jet
And then bury all your clothes

My darling's favourite as I locked her in the barn and burned it down.

What?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Do Anything You Wanna Do by Eddie and the Hotrods.

A totally underrated song with brilliant lyrics. After a really bad day at work it came in the car radio on my way home and genuinely helped drive a career decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Do Anything You Wanna Do by Eddie and the Hotrods.

A totally underrated song with brilliant lyrics. After a really bad day at work it came in the car radio on my way home and genuinely helped drive a career decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love little stories like that. Talkers just talk, those who take action when 'it' comes to them make the difference

This for me, no particular reason, but nice lyrics and how true.

By the writer as above, England Dan and John Ford Coley did the version heard on the radio occasionally and Rumer did a good cover of it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Partly inspired by the sad news of George Michael's death and the meaning it held for some people I was wondering what one song stood out as the tune that defined an important/defining moment in your lives.

For me Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy, 1989, listening to it on a Sony Walkman on a bus heading to RAF Lyneham. Flying out on a Hercules (age 19) to train with the 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, New York State. Sort of a rights of passage/growing up experience.

Beethoven's Ninth. Final movement. You'd expect nothing less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here