Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leftover Turkey etc.

What do you do with yours.

I have a vat of broth on the go including sprouts, chestnuts, stuffing, roast onions and tatties

WSU will be honking tomorrow.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Evenly split between Bubble and Squeak and a turkey curry with homemade onion bahjis and naan bread.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Difficult to make soup or curry from a mushroom and blacksticks blue cheese wellington. Will haveone in my pocket tomorrow lunch time though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Need some good ideas, the Mrs cocked up slightly with online ordering and doubled up on a hamper deal for Turkey, veg and pigs in blankets. Part of the delivery went missing, so she contacted the company and rather than just send the missing bits, they sent the whole order out again Christmas eve, the missing box also turned up Christmas eve. Got through about half of one Turkey yesterday, with four of us, only two of us in the house normally, so I can see a lot of Turkey based dinners in 2017.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good suggestions so far - Curry obviously a good idea.

Cut into 1cm cubes and slow cooked as chili is a classic (replaces cooked beef)

Shredded, stir fried with rice, peas, sweet corn, anything else you can get your hands on makes a nice kedgeree type meal (add loads of hot sauce once cooked)

Turkey & Ham sandwich of course

Minced (even once it's been cooked) it can replace beef mince - my favourite is lasagne

As mince again, layered on top off roasted aubergines, with tinned toms, chorizo and topped with mozzarella

Stuffed peppers

Turkey tacos

Ham, egg and chips (replacing the ham with thick turkey slices)

Take a large piece and slow cook until it falls apart, shred and toss with BBQ sauce - serve on crusty bread with salad or in rolls like pulled pork.

Alt to above is to replace BBQ sauce with hot chilli sauce and serve with thai stir fry or as thai beef on crispy lettuce shells.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've just dropped my Christmas Dinner POO into the pan.

A full plate worth, and plenty of trimmings.

Feel free to thank me for sharing :)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Will completely strip the bird tomorrow, bag it up in portions for freezing, then several curries over the next few months.

Makes it great value.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Turkey stew and dumplings for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Need some good ideas, the Mrs cocked up slightly with online ordering and doubled up on a hamper deal for Turkey, veg and pigs in blankets. Part of the delivery went missing, so she contacted the company and rather than just send the missing bits, they sent the whole order out again Christmas eve, the missing box also turned up Christmas eve. Got through about half of one Turkey yesterday, with four of us, only two of us in the house normally, so I can see a lot of Turkey based dinners in 2017.

Using Tupperware or other storage things with lids, slice the remaining half of the turkey and add plenty of gravy and freeze for quick dinners over the next few months.

As for the rest, you could contact the local charities and see if any of them could use it to feed the elderly / homeless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here