Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early kickoff

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
The players and fans have been a bit flat on recent early kick offs ,so why don't we treat this like an old fashioned cup game (it will be a full house and we get to see our favourite panto villain Holloway ),im bringing ballons

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Like your style,i will continue to be intoxicated throughout the festive period of games

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Of all our fixtures that have been moved by Sky, this one has seriously pissed me off. Boxing Day football is as traditional as turkey and one of the most important aspects of my Christmas. Plus, 3 mates in my local are QPR and when the fixtures came out, we planned a good old fashioned boys day out involving copious amounts of beer. Now its not Boxing Day, and it's an early kick-off so pre-match beer options and drinking time are limited, and I have to work the day after, so quantity of beer drinking has reduced significantly as well. Sky can **** off.

And lets be honest, other than QPR and Brighton fans, who the hell wants to watch it anyway?

Last edited:

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Sorry to bounce this thread,but a full house,we could go top ,great reasons to get behind the team from the off

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
And plenty of after match time for drinking and celebrating a return to the top.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hate lunchtime games. Atmosphere is always flat and the players always seem still asleep.
It's Sunday League kick off time and that's where it belongs. Bore draw written all over it with the danger we get hit with a sucker punch. :angry:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hate lunchtime games. Atmosphere is always flat and the players always seem still asleep.
It's Sunday League kick off time and that's where it belongs. Bore draw written all over it with the danger we get hit with a sucker punch. :angry:

I'd agree about the k.o. Time, but c'mon.... it is holiday , be cheerful! I say we cheer our beloved team to the victory they deserve & send 'em back pointless up the A23... :albion2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Atmosphere was indeed flat for much of today, but just goes to show that the motivation has to come from the PLAYERS. Which, once the Xmas cobwebs had been shaken off, they had by the bucketload! Smells Like Team Spirit :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having suffered years of sun in the eyes/roasting in Summer at Withdean, I purposely got our season tickets at the Amex near the back of the family stand to avoid the sun and rain.

Spent all of the 1st half today and some of the 2nd half shielding my eyes from the sun. Bloody 12.30 ko's !!...like any other ko time that isn't Saturday 3pm, it can do one as far as I'm concerned.

Quiet atmosphere today too, especially as this was supposedly our biggest home gate to date. I suppose that comes from being largely in cruise control.

Absolutely no complaints about the team performance and result though :clap:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Atmospheres have beeen flat at early kick offs since the beginning of time. Was always the case at the Goldstone too.

And is often the case at other stadiums as well.

Not enough beer time to get it rocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here