Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berlin market attack suspect shot dead in Milan

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
You have to wonder, with all the cameras these days, how the most wanted man in Europe can get from Berlin to Milan without being seen.

Guess the couple of days where they had someone else in custody bought him some leeway, as no-one was really looking for him for a short while. Especially since they wouldn't have released photos of him until the other guy was released. Do see your point though, especially since he appears to have gone via France, which must be an embarrassment for their security services given their state of emergency.

Credit to the Italian police officers though, one on probation and one only there for 9 months by sounds of it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Guess the couple of days where they had someone else in custody bought him some leeway, as no-one was really looking for him for a short while. Especially since they wouldn't have released photos of him until the other guy was released. Do see your point though, especially since he appears to have gone via France, which must be an embarrassment for their security services given their state of emergency.

Credit to the Italian police officers though, one on probation and one only there for 9 months by sounds of it.

Unfortunately they may have to watch their backs for the rest of their lives.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's dead and probably happier for it. Who's next I wonder? Bored angry unemployed Arab youths...not many of them in Europe these days eh? This cycle of violence should petter out sometime in 2389 AD :)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The officer was doing his duty but I hope they give him the reward he deserves it.
I feel we should respect our bobbies far more as they are in the front line facing nasty barstarxxx these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have to wonder, with all the cameras these days, how the most wanted man in Europe can get from Berlin to Milan without being seen.

True. But also it took less than 4 days to identify and find him. This seems relatively quick to me? I can always be quicker though.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The officer was doing his duty but I hope they give him the reward he deserves it.
I feel we should respect our bobbies far more as they are in the front line facing nasty barstarxxx these days.

He is probably more likely to be suspended, investigated, charged, dismissed etc... the way things seems to go nowadays.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Far right calling for national boarders, due to the suspect getting from Berlin to Milan without being stopped, possibly going via France as well..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This case just highlights how important it is that the EU reappraise everything about border controls.

This man was expelled from Italy for being dangerous and undesirable; in theory an expulsion from one EU country on those grounds should be an expulsion from all EU countries, yet he was able to go to Germany and massacre innocent people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here