Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with some people?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Rough sleepers 'urinated on' by public, survey finds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38386088

Disgusting behaviour.

Agreed, appalling treatment of those less fortunate.

Even more disgusting is the fact that in this wealthy country in 2016 there are people that are unable to put a roof over their head and call it home. No one should have to be a rough sleeper against their will.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Read that this morning too. I can understand pissed up people in London taking a leak in an alleyway without noticing i.e. Bit of an occasional accident but find it hard to accept that is the reason in every incident. There are indeed some really unpleasant people out there.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Maybe they were trying to help keep them warm?

Before anyone shoots me... I'm joking! It's absolutely disgusting. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. I hope the people that have done it by 'accident' try to make up for it by actually trying to help the person in some way instead.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would suggest most of the offenses against homeless on the street are inflicted by other homeless, not the general public, despite a few anecdotal stories.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i would suggest most of the offenses against homeless on the street are inflicted by other homeless, not the general public, despite a few anecdotal stories.

Have you ever seen the film A Clockwork Orange; a satire, sure, but it gives some insight into the mentality that regards 'picking on' vagrants as sport.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So speaks a TRUE Tory, no doubt you stand there setting fire to £50 notes too

I'm sure beorhthelm will also have an explanation for this perfectly reasonable action, which slipped queitly into the news yesterday - Theresa May first halving the Child Poverty Unit's budget, and then binning off the unit altogether:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ork-pensions-dwp-prime-minister-a7486131.html

Understandable I suppose. Afterall, poor kids on the breadline can't vote Tory, can they?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Oh that's ok then , no need to tackle the soul destroying problem of homelessness at all if it's just one hobo pissing on another , ffs wtf is wrong with you ?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Oh that's ok then , no need to tackle the soul destroying problem of homelessness at all if it's just one hobo pissing on another , ffs wtf is wrong with you ?

not really what i was saying at all. the article was headlined "Rough sleepers 'urinated on' by public, survey finds" but the survey doesnt know who "the public" is, its capturing that homeless experience abuse. they have a couple of stories of the abuse and your expected to make the link "the general public are abusing and attacking the homeless". im only pointing out that where they do thats likely a tiny minority of incidents, not condoning it.

im sure there are a few nutters and pissed lads who might think it great laugh, reality is the homeless fight and abuse each other, which is why they often end up on the street rather than in hostels, to avoid other homeless, or they cant cope with life and take it out on other homeless. i know no one is allowed to say that, or make any comment on such issues lest they be accused of all manner of things (lol at stretch to burning notes). its an observation that the homeless and support groups recognise so i dont know why the attempt to censor the point.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
not really what i was saying at all. the article was headlined "Rough sleepers 'urinated on' by public, survey finds" but the survey doesnt know who "the public" is, its capturing that homeless experience abuse. they have a couple of stories of the abuse and your expected to make the link "the general public are abusing and attacking the homeless". im only pointing out that where they do thats likely a tiny minority of incidents, not condoning it.

im sure there are a few nutters and pissed lads who might think it great laugh, reality is the homeless fight and abuse each other, which is why they often end up on the street rather than in hostels, to avoid other homeless, or they cant cope with life and take it out on other homeless. i know no one is allowed to say that, or make any comment on such issues lest they be accused of all manner of things (lol at stretch to burning notes). its an observation that the homeless and support groups recognise so i dont know why the attempt to censor the point.

A homeless person is a member of the public.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The right to accommodation should be a fundamental human right, up with the likes of food, safe drinking water and sanitation facilities. The government needs to get its own house in order with these basic domestic issues, instead of prioritising superfast broadband and other gimmicks.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure beorhthelm will also have an explanation for this perfectly reasonable action, which slipped queitly into the news yesterday - Theresa May first halving the Child Poverty Unit's budget, and then binning off the unit altogether:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ork-pensions-dwp-prime-minister-a7486131.html

Understandable I suppose. Afterall, poor kids on the breadline can't vote Tory, can they?
According to the article it was failing miserably as poverty was increasing again. It has been dismantled in order to avoid future embarrassment to Mrs May and her government.
As for the instances of anti social abuse of the homeless, this fits in with the Tory/Daily Mail mindset that if you don't have a job you are a scrounger dragging back our burgeoning economy.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The right to accommodation should be a fundamental human right, up with the likes of food, safe drinking water and sanitation facilities. The government needs to get its own house in order with these basic domestic issues, instead of prioritising superfast broadband and other gimmicks.
We'd rather look after people abroad than people struggling here....That's the way this country works!!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I saw a homeless lady in WH Smith yesterday, with a tatty old trolley of sorts, filled with disintegrating plastic bags. She was queuing up at the Post Office bit. I was feeling bit sorry for her - what kind of life must she have? Then some other woman queuing in front of me reported her to a member of staff for "smelling horrible". Happy Xmas. Staff member, to his credit, did nothing about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here