Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton could be coming to a Premier League ground near you soon..........

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Interesting Daily Mail report on the Albion.

Brighton could be coming to a Premier League ground near you soon... the Seagulls are battling Newcastle for Championship top spot so here is our guide to the promotion chasers
Brighton are sitting second in the Championship behind Newcastle United
The Seagulls are in an automatic promotion place and eight points clear
Chris Hughton's side are targeting first ever Premier League appearance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Surely not true?
As a mark of their newfound animosity Brighton switched their nickname from the Dolphins to the Seagulls in a lame ornithological challenge to the Eagles.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Other Championship clubs that have never reached the Premier League, Preston NE, Huddersfield and Burton (from memory)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this "Under the radar" thing is coming to an end.

Not only are we sustaining our challenge but the "big clubs" are well off the pace, forcing the media out of their autopilot journalism.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought it was patronising and lame. Especially the bit how the world appears to have only started with the PL there was a top division before that which seems to be beyond the understanding of this 'sports' journo...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
shite journo from the DM regarding facts kayal a defender ! playing Newcastle on 28th Jan when all probabiltiy is thiis will be FAC 4th round weekend

Not good b !! Not to mention Sheff weds visiting Hove !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's like it's regarded as a twattish conspiracy shoe-in for Newcastle. Great, let them think that right up to the time where the traditional Geordie protests kick in. Sack the manager! Ashley OUT! Hold up bits of cardboard! All leave as soon as they go 2-0 down at home! Same as it ever was. Meanwhile, at the Albion, Smells Like Team Spirit. Will be genuinely disappointed if we don't go up as Championes. Was only a month or two back when there was a load of hard-of-thinking saps had us down as poor relations to Villa or Norwich. Cocks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Article can't do anything but help to choose what club the agent has to decide to approach with his new foreign "sensational" striker.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The "reporter" is a colleague of that Palace scrote Neil Ashton. So no doubt he had some input.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
'Miles Dilworth' knows his Championship onions, doesn't he?

You'd think he'd be a bit better informed, being (a) a journalist and (b) a Brentford fan.

Obviously doesn't watch Brentford that often.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'd think he'd be a bit better informed, being (a) a journalist and (b) a Brentford fan.

Obviously doesn't watch Brentford that often.

Ah, 'Brentford fan'.

This is something I've observed a fair few times in the past - people who live in West London and want to sound like they're 'real' football fans, claiming Brentford as their team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll do my journalistic research a bit better next time, didn't realise he was a Brentford believer :wrong:

No dig at you there, all at him! I bet he's got the bit of Palace history from Neil Ashton though. Lazy journalist :)

He's on Twitter: [MENTION=26391]Miles[/MENTION]Dilworth

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No dig at you there, all at him! I bet he's got the bit of Palace history from Neil Ashton though. Lazy journalist :)

He's on Twitter: [MENTION=26391]Miles[/MENTION]Dilworth

No 'dig' taken :bowdown:
It's just I would've normally looked into journo's background before posting.
On the plus side, it's not that often Albion gets more than two paragraph mentions, these days on the daily rags.
Under the radar and all that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here