Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accountants (ideally not VAT reg)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As a self employed business myself not required to be VAT registered, I'm after a similar positioned Accountant as my current accountant has retired. Would prefer someone reasonably local to Brighton. Any recommendations please?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As a self employed business myself not required to be VAT registered, I'm after a similar positioned Accountant as my current accountant has retired. Would prefer someone reasonably local to Brighton. Any recommendations please?

I can recommend a very good accountant, but he is based in Peacehaven.
If that isn't too far from Brighton and you want his details, please let me know and I will send you a PM.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'm an accountant at a small firm in Hove, and would be happy to discuss it with you further and give you an idea of our fees. Unfortunately, we are VAT registered though.

Aug 1, 2006

As a small business owner, why would you not want to be flat rate VAT registered? It will save you money.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As a small business owner, why would you not want to be flat rate VAT registered? It will save you money.

This is correct

I have an accountant that I got here who is brilliant, lives in Brighton and big BHA fan. Very well priced but VAT reg as i'd expect any savvy accountant to be. PM me for details

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Ooops, see my above

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is correct

I have an accountant that I got here who is brilliant, lives in Brighton and big BHA fan. Very well priced but VAT reg as i'd expect any savvy accountant to be. PM me for details

Shall I go VAT registered and charge you more? :whistle:
My accountant isn't VAT registered, can't see any details on the invoice I recently received from him.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
But you'd have to charge VAT to all customers. If your customers aren't VAT registered themselves, you may find yourself losing work.

That's the advice from any business savvy accountant.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But you'd have to charge VAT to all customers. If your customers aren't VAT registered themselves, you may find yourself losing work.

That's the advice from any business savvy accountant.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thank you for that advice.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Shall I go VAT registered and charge you more? :whistle:
My accountant isn't VAT registered, can't see any details on the invoice I recently received from him.

You're right.

If you have a business that can do a decent proportion in cash and/or deal primarily with individuals and not businesses then not being VAT registered will generally be advantageous

My mistake :(

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You're right.

If you have a business that can do a decent proportion in cash and/or deal primarily with individuals and not businesses then not being VAT registered will generally be advantageous

My mistake :(

Just for the record, most of my customers pay me by cheque and bank transfer. What's this cash you speak of? :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, the VAT Flat Rate "gain" regime will end in April 2017 when the "limited cost trader" percentage of 16.5% kicks in. After that point there's little point in being flat rate for labour-only traders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here