Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Festive Fixtures

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Three of the leading chasers in the peloton are playing on Monday 26th December:
Huddersfield
Norwich
Massive

By the time they all play again on Saturday 31st December, we'd have played twice on the Tuesday 27th & Friday 30th. I think that's a significant advantage for them, hopefully we have a squad and points cushion to cope.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Three of the leading chasers in the peloton are playing on Monday 26th December:
Huddersfield
Norwich
Massive

By the time they all play again on Saturday 31st December, we'd have played twice on the Tuesday 27th & Friday 30th. I think that's a significant advantage for them, hopefully we have a squad and points cushion to cope.

Why an advantage? Please expand.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We play two games in four days, they play two in six. I'd prefer our lads to have the extra recovery time.

It's the same as playing on a Saturday then a Tuesday. It's nay bother.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But then we get an extra day's break till the next game, no?

True.

Swings & roundabouts maybe but just seems that it's a little unfair. I suppose the fact that both games are home fixtures with the 1st a midday kick off and the 2nd an evening kick off negate the issue somewhat.

Oh well, we're still on for six points then!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
True.

Swings & roundabouts maybe but just seems that it's a little unfair. I suppose the fact that both games are home fixtures with the 1st a midday kick off and the 2nd an evening kick off negate the issue somewhat.

Oh well, we're still on for six points then!

To be fair, if the scenario is we beat QPR comfortably on Tuesday, won't the lads be chomping at the bit to get at Cardiff come Friday? And let us not forget, no travelling, two homes games.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Different issue, but as fans, we have been dealt a relatively good hand this Festive period.

2 home games against struggling teams (although with some decent players) avoiding Boxing Day when the transport issues would have been EVEN worse, and a nearby away game with lots of tickets. Limited trains on the 2nd, but some parking restrictions are eased in LB Hammersmith+Fulham on a BH.

PG

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Different issue, but as fans, we have been dealt a relatively good hand this Festive period.

2 home games against struggling teams (although with some decent players) avoiding Boxing Day when the transport issues would have been EVEN worse, and a nearby away game with lots of tickets. Limited trains on the 2nd, but some parking restrictions are eased in LB Hammersmith+Fulham on a BH.

PG

As I have said on another thread, drive to Fulham! Took me an hour to get to Hammersmith Bridge this morning :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we'll go 11 points clear of 3rd place by beating QPR, then 14 points clear by beating Cardiff.

??? ??? ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here