Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graham. Alexander

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I searched but couldn't find anything. Although given some cash, he's doing a solid job at Scunthorpe. Do they play decent football?

Seem to have ballsed up the title there. Apologies.

Last edited:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I searched but couldn't find anything. Although given some cash, he's doing a solid job at Scunthorpe. Do they play decent football?

What are you taking about?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

My flat mate is a Scunthorpe fan so I've been to a few games, he says it's the most cash they've ever had, but tbh from the games I've been to the quality of football is just hoof ball really, a couple of decent players in certain positions combined with some not so good ones in others. They have a very small squad so I think they'll struggle later in the season unless they invest in Janua

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
League one is about a few decent footballers dragging a side along.

If you have a goalkeeper who can command his area, a centreback who can head a ball & a centre forward with pace then you have a chance. Just think of how many of our title winning squad from 2011 lasted more than a year before Gus replaced them

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
f253047aba1b979a17c6e92f737f0f09.jpg

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London

He's been given £2m as far as i can make out and there are some sizable clubs in that division. I was intrigued, and drunk, to see what was going on. Seems to be achieving more than you'd expect. £2m used to be big money in the Championship but our league is looking like the Pemier League in Shearer's era (financially).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My flat mate is a Scunthorpe fan so I've been to a few games, he says it's the most cash they've ever had, but tbh from the games I've been to the quality of football is just hoof ball really, a couple of decent players in certain positions combined with some not so good ones in others. They have a very small squad so I think they'll struggle later in the season unless they invest in Janua

Well hoof ball is often the type of football that sees you promoted in the lower divisions.

If we were honest, the Albion under Micky Adams back in the early noughties was precisely that. We didn't mind at the time, because it was bloody successful! Knock the ball up to Bobby Zee, and he'll do the rest.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
League one is about a few decent footballers dragging a side along.

If you have a goalkeeper who can command his area, a centreback who can head a ball & a centre forward with pace then you have a chance. Just think of how many of our title winning squad from 2011 lasted more than a year before Gus replaced them

Arguably too many. Painter, Navaro & Dicker all given far too long in that team tbh.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What like Ankegren, El Abd, Greer, Calderon, Elphick, Dunk, Lua Lua, Barnes, JFC, Murray...

Ankergren, El Abd, Calderon all had replacements signed by the club within a year and have only had limited appearances since.

Elphick and Murray were allowed to leave.

Dunk & JFC hardly played before we moved to the Amex and Lua lua played on loan but only signed after we had been promoted.

So just Greer, Barnes & Bridcutt who were all higher level players playing in league one for a title winning side. My original point was a few decent players and a club can challenge for league 1 promotion but as seen over the last few years those clubs often get relegated shortly afterwards unless they have transformed their squad

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Top of the Table and clubs like Bradford City,Bolton,MK even The Blades have higher budgets and bills ? G/A took Fleetwood up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here