Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Nocturnalism

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you are lucky enough to have an extended break over the Christmas/New Year period do you find you start drifting towards nocturnalism, in that you go to bed later and later, and then get up later and later?

Those classic films and recordings of stand-up shows that get used as late night fillers won't watch themselves.

If it wasn't for family, and I was truly left to my own devices, I'm certain I would be fully nocturnal shortly after the New Year.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We basically all become students for a few days.
1. Eat loads of crap food
2. Drink too much
3. Sleep funny hours
4. Have little sense of what day it is

I really struggle around the 28th to 30th as I really have no idea what is going on. I have an 8 year old son and 6 yr old twin daughters and it is them who keep me in some sort of routine because otherwise I stop functioning as a human.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you are lucky enough to have an extended break over the Christmas/New Year period do you find you start drifting towards nocturnalism, in that you go to bed later and later, and then get up later and later?

Those classic films and recordings of stand-up shows that get used as late night fillers won't watch themselves.

If it wasn't for family, and I was truly left to my own devices, I'm certain I would be fully nocturnal shortly after the New Year.
I've sent you 2 PMs mate

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've sent you 2 PMs mate

They'll be buried in this little lot:

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 23.38.10.png

I'll get round to them around 4:37am one night over the next week.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They'll be buried in this little lot:

View attachment 80416

I'll get round to them around 4:37am one night over the next week.

Christ on a bike. And to think, I get a slight frisson of excitement when I log on and see my notifications have nudged north from the (inexplicably) perennial "1" to "2"

:down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm highly ill-disciplined once I'm into the FUG of the Christmas break, when I lose all track of what day it is. That bottle of port isn't going to drink itself now is it, be rude to leave that last third. Oh there's that new box-set my daughter got me. Three hours into that I've gone through half a box of After Eights, several pickled walnuts and a tub of Cheeselets. Before I know it its 3am, and I'm suddenly nodding awake with a snort and a start, with a thin sliver of drool going from the corner of my mouth to my collar, and I can't remember whether I'm on E4 or 5 of season 1, or even what exactly it is that I'm watching.

Its at this point my eyes roll back in my skull, and the next thing I know I have an irate missus in a dressing gown poking me in the ribs with a rolled up copy of the TV Times, badgering me to get my arse into gear because her sisters coming round in an hour and we have to get the spuds peeled.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm way past my bed time so yes!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If it wasn't for a series of 6am starts at work during the 'weird week' i expect I'd be running purely on gin and cheeselets.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's nothing to do with Christmas, mate - that's retirement!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm highly ill-disciplined once I'm into the FUG of the Christmas break, when I lose all track of what day it is. That bottle of port isn't going to drink itself now is it, be rude to leave that last third. Oh there's that new box-set my daughter got me. Three hours into that I've gone through half a box of After Eights, several pickled walnuts and a tub of Cheeselets. Before I know it its 3am, and I'm suddenly nodding awake with a snort and a start, with a thin sliver of drool going from the corner of my mouth to my collar, and I can't remember whether I'm on E4 or 5 of season 1, or even what exactly it is that I'm watching.

Its at this point my eyes roll back in my skull, and the next thing I know I have an irate missus in a dressing gown poking me in the ribs with a rolled up copy of the TV Times, badgering me to get my arse into gear because her sisters coming round in an hour and we have to get the spuds peeled.

That's a decent summary, that is.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

Never happens to me.
What time is it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just finished writing 2000 words this afternoon and evening (with a break for making son his tea and putting him to bed). What are these box sets and films you speak of?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here