Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United of Manchester open their ground to homeless on Christmas Day

The refounded club are bussing in homeless people in Manchester on Christmas Day, and offering showers and a meal and then some entertainment at the ground. Players will be helping out and so many FC United fans have volunteered on the day that they are not accepting any more offers of help.

Seems a remarkable gesture, true meaning of Christmas stuff etc, that may catch on at other football clubs in the future if it goes well.

Do you think this is something the Albion should ever think about doing at the Amex? If the call went out for fans to organise it on the day, would you want to do something to help on the day?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...rst-park-ground-to-homeless-on-christmas-day/

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'd be prepared to help. AITC could consider it as a project.

We could get soldiers to drive the buses. .....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The refounded club are bussing in homeless people in Manchester on Christmas Day, and offering showers and a meal and then some entertainment at the ground. Players will be helping out and so many FC United fans have volunteered on the day that they are not accepting any more offers of help.

The entertainment consists of music, comedy and selected guest speakers......consisting of......
1) Paul Scholes......topic........." The art of public speaking and projection of personality "
2) Gary Neville.......topic........." My time in football management "
3) Ryan Giggs........topic........." Family trust and support "
4) Nicky Butt..........topic.........." Pele, my hero "

O

The entertainment consists of music, comedy and selected guest speakers......consisting of......
1) Paul Scholes......topic........." The art of public speaking and projection of personality "
2) Gary Neville.......topic........." My time in football management "
3) Ryan Giggs........topic........." Family trust and support "
4) Nicky Butt..........topic.........." Pele, my hero "

Bearing in mind these players are all linked to a totally different non league club, this is unlikely

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Mo Gosfield;7714931 The entertainment consists of music said:
We could something similar with music by Fat Boy
1) Elvis Manu........topic......" The offside rule"
2) Bruno Saltor......topic......" My head is on upside down"
3) Glenn Murray....topic......" How Judas became a Saint"
4) Steve Sidwell....topic......" who said I only pass sideways ?"

Seems a remarkable gesture, true meaning of Christmas stuff etc, that may catch on at other football clubs in the future if it goes well.

Do you think this is something the Albion should ever think about doing at the Amex? If the call went out for fans to organise it on the day, would you want to do something to help on the day?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...rst-park-ground-to-homeless-on-christmas-day/

:facepalm: We could win the hearts and minds of the local population:rolleyes: Its a football club!#football p r machine eats itself!

:facepalm: We could win the hearts and minds of the local population:rolleyes: Its a football club!#football p r machine eats itself!

For sure the club would get a lot of good PR out of doing something like this. But that would not be the point - the real point would be to actually do something worthwhile to help some unfortunate and vulnerable people?

I'd love it if the Albion did something similar, or the same. I'd be happy to come along and help.

My feelings too. I'm sure there are many folks here who already do some great worthwhile voluntary work in the community, maybe some even among the homeless, but something like this could trigger a new wave of volunteers

Lush

Mods' Pet
Bah humbug alert, but I do wish that more people would support charities like St Mungos or Brighton Housing Trust, who work with people with complex needs/mental health/addiction problems 365 days a year, rather than handing over fivers/mince pies/woolly hats at Christmas.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bah humbug alert, but I do wish that more people would support charities like St Mungos or Brighton Housing Trust, who work with people with complex needs/mental health/addiction problems 365 days a year, rather than handing over fivers/mince pies/woolly hats at Christmas.

This, absolutely. People with complex problems are for life, not just for Christmas. Unlike cute puppies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here