• Stephen Nolan

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We had 54 nominations, so we’re having six groups of nine, before we go to the knock out stages.

This is the line up for the Group Stages.

Each group has one seeded Radio Turn Off – judged by the number of nominations on the original thread, one or two second seeds and the rest of the group is made up of the San Marinos of the Radio Turn Off World Cup.

One vote each. Poll ends in a few days.

Then it’s the Quarter Finals and semi final line up

QUARTER FINALS
MATCH A WINNER GROUP 1 V HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH B WINNER GROUP 2 V 2ND HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH C WINNER GROUP 3 V WINNER GROUP 4
MATCH D WINNER GROUP 5 V WINNER GROUP 6

SEMI FINALS
WINNER MATCH A V WINNER MATCH D
WINNER MATCH B V WINNER MATCH C

Remember this is to find the UK’s Number One Radio Turn Off. Not necessarily the most odious person, but the contender that makes you reach for the off button, almost without having to think of it.

Group 6

Simon Mayo - Radio 2 weekdays afternoons 5pm and 5 Live Friday afternoons with Mark Kermode – Cooking on the radio! And being part of a reviled movie review programme duo are his primary crimes. Long odds for a Seeded nominee. Odds 66/1

Liza Tarbuck – Radio 2. The number of Radio 2 nominees makes me think that maybe NSC are not the station’s target audience. Odds 150/1

Sarah Cox – Radio 2 – See above – Odds 150/1

John Cooper Clarke – 6 music – can’t see him getting out of this group, or deserving to. Odds 2000/1

BBC Radio Four Thought for the Day / Anne Atkins – This double nominee is for the Radio 4 daily slot at 12 minutes to 8 ( I know this because I switch off at 11 minutes to ) and for the woman herself, who I have obviously never heard, but who raised fury from her nominee. Odds 16/1

Richard Madeley – Radio 2 weekends and fills in for the old boys when they are off for school holidays – Not likely to make it out of the group – Odds 100/1

Craig Charles – 6 music – Irritating voice as well as what he says. – Odds 500/1

Nick Grimshaw – Radio 1 - Yet another in this BBC dominated group and the only nomination from Radio One. Odds 500/1

Stephen Nolan – Five Live late nights at the weekend. Northern Ireland accent counts against him, but not as much as the way he seems to revel in putting guests through uncomfortable series of questioning. Odds 500/1

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Get back to Corrie Craig

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nick IM MATES WITH CELEBRITIES Grimshaw can be a bit annoying.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I suppose it will have to be Craig Charles here, although I can suffer him in small doses.

Come across him briefly after Gilles Peterson's show. Our Craig is in a permanent state of over excitement. That'll do for me. Craig Charles it is.

P.S Nice work Mr. Izbak on putting all this together :thumbsup:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A vote for Grimshaw. I have never listened to his radio show but I can just tell from his face that he is an annoying ****.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tarbuck

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
this group looks sewn up by an outsider

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills