• Nick Robinson

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We had 54 nominations, so we’re having six groups of nine, before we go to the knock out stages.

This is the line up for the Group Stages.

Each group has one seeded Radio Turn Off – judged by the number of nominations on the original thread, one or two second seeds and the rest of the group is made up of the San Marinos of the Radio Turn Off World Cup.

One vote each. Poll ends in a few days.

Then it’s the Quarter Finals and semi final line up

QUARTER FINALS
MATCH A WINNER GROUP 1 V HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH B WINNER GROUP 2 V 2ND HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH C WINNER GROUP 3 V WINNER GROUP 4
MATCH D WINNER GROUP 5 V WINNER GROUP 6

SEMI FINALS
WINNER MATCH A V WINNER MATCH D
WINNER MATCH B V WINNER MATCH C

Remember this is to find the UK’s Number One Radio Turn Off. Not necessarily the most odious person, but the contender that makes you reach for the off button, almost without having to think of it.

Group 4

Jeremy Vine – Radio 2 midday Monday to Friday. Hard to put your finger on what it is about him, not so hard to put your fist on it though. Inane questioning. Desperate callers. Perma smile. Ugh . Odds 3/1

Jeremy Hardy – Radio 4 quiz shows – The lefty version of Katie Hopkins and every bit as funny. Dark Horse. Odds 4/1

Chris Moyles – Radio X – May have slipped off Radio One mainstream, but still retains the ability to wind NSC listeners up. Odds 20/1

Colin Murray – Five Live 11am Saturdays and ex Talksport mornings. Has plenty of fans and a number of critics. Long shot. 33/1

Dotun Adebayo – Five Live overnight during the week. If you think his voice is irritating in the middle of the night, I suggest you turn over to Talksport. Can’t win this. Odds 200/1

Johnny Yawn – Radio X - Can’t get out of this group. Odds 1000/1

David Mellor – Classic FM Sunday evenings – His nominator did so purely on the memory of his 606 phone in. But fear not, you can still hear his slimy voice weekly, and until fairly recently co-hosting with Ken Livingstone on a LBC Saturday morning show. I I I I I I I know . Odds 250/1

Lyce Doucet – Radio 4 news programmes – not easy to avoid this weird accent, but rarely does more than 90 seconds per report so easy to get through. Odds 1000/1

Nick Robinson – Radio 4 Today presenter two or three times per week after switching from BBC TV Politics correspondent. Seems to be bidding to take over from Humphreys’ tough guy act. Odds 300/1

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hardy for me - the same old same old It Is / Was All Thatcher's Fault has grated so much the News Quiz is now unlistenable if he is on it.

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Colin Murray - Lyse Ducet must have the weirdest voice on the planet and I find it strangely fascinating not really listening to what she has said but how she has said it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another toughie.

Lyse Doucet can bend words out of all shape and form as to make them almost something completely different. Annoying that I just can't concentrate on what she's trying to report.

Chris Moyles just comes across as a nasty human being. Thankfully I only ever had the misfortune of hearing him on other people's radio 1.

It's Lyse Doucet then as she's another one that's impossible to avoid.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:bla: :bla: :bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here