• Mike "Porky" Parry

Votes: 12 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We had 54 nominations, so we’re having six groups of nine, before we go to the knock out stages.

This is the line up for the Group Stages.

Each group has one seeded Radio Turn Off – judged by the number of nominations on the original thread, one or two second seeds and the rest of the group is made up of the San Marinos of the Radio Turn Off World Cup.

One vote each. Poll ends in a few days.

Then it’s the Quarter Finals and semi final line up

QUARTER FINALS
MATCH A WINNER GROUP 1 V HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH B WINNER GROUP 2 V 2ND HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH C WINNER GROUP 3 V WINNER GROUP 4
MATCH D WINNER GROUP 5 V WINNER GROUP 6

SEMI FINALS
WINNER MATCH A V WINNER MATCH D
WINNER MATCH B V WINNER MATCH C

Remember this is to find the UK’s Number One Radio Turn Off. Not necessarily the most odious person, but the contender that makes you reach for the off button, almost without having to think of it.

Group Two

Chris Evans – Radio 2 Breakfast show – Past his sell by date according to his nominators. Some pretty stiff competition to lift this trophy. Odds 5/1

Adverts – This dark horse could spring a surprise. Podcast fans as well as those of the Beeb reach for the off button as soon as the PPI and Builders merchants and their pathetic adverts start. Odds 3/1

Mary-Anne Hobbs – 6 music – seems to wind a lot of people up and could just about get through this group. Odds 6/1
The Archers – Radio 4 every day 7pm and all day Sunday (it seems) The top four of this group is going to be close. Odds 6/1

Mark Radcliffe – Radio 2 and 6 music – Irritating, but not a contender here. Odds 20/1

Jack The Lad – Local Radio audience reflects his odds Odds 250/1

The Public – On the face of it a strange choice, but listen to Five Live at 9am, or Talksport and LBC anytime and you’ll see why this group of misfits won nominations. Odds 16/1

Libby Purvis – Radio 4 various times so not easily avoided. Odds 200/1

Mike “Porky” Parry – Talksport overnight and Saturday morning. Must be a wind up. Can’t be that thick having held down a number of senior media jobs. Don’t go out of your way to vote for him. Odds 100/1

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Toughest group so far for me.

I've never heard of Mike Parry, and I don't particularly mind Mark Radcliffe. Any of the others could be winners for me.

I'll go Mary Anne - Hobbs as I come across her really really annoying voice on trailers enough to vote.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Website currently saying I "cannot vote on this poll". Is there anything I can do to rectify this?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here