• Max Reinhart

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Boy I must have way too much spare time.

We had 54 nominations, so we’re having six groups of nine, before we go to the knock out stages.

This is the line up for the Group Stages.

Each group has one seeded Radio Turn Off – judged by the number of nominations on the original thread, one or two second seeds and the rest of the group is made up of the San Marinos of the Radio Turn Off World Cup.

One vote each. Poll ends in a few days.

Then it’s the Quarter Finals and semi final line up

QUARTER FINALS
MATCH A WINNER GROUP 1 V HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH B WINNER GROUP 2 V 2ND HIGHEST VOTE WINNER RUNNER UP
MATCH C WINNER GROUP 3 V WINNER GROUP 4
MATCH D WINNER GROUP 5 V WINNER GROUP 6

SEMI FINALS
WINNER MATCH A V WINNER MATCH D
WINNER MATCH B V WINNER MATCH C

Remember this is to find the UK’s Number One Radio Turn Off. Not necessarily the most odious person, but the contender that makes you reach for the off button, almost without having to think of it.

Group One – The group of death

Adrian Durham – Talksport 4pm and some Saturdays. Deliberate wind up merchant, and the inspiration for this thread. Hates Arsenal. Supports Peterborough. Total arse. Odds 6/4

Mark Kermode – Five Live Friday afternoons. Movie critic. Could bore for Britain. Opinionated irritant, but divides listeners as some people appear to like him. Odds 12/1

Katie Hopkins - LBC Sunday mornings. Lack of nominations surely primarily due to the low profile radio spot, but if you consider yourself right wing, tune in and see how long you can bear to listen. Yoghurt Knitters – please avoid. Odds 7/4

John Humphrys – Radio 4 6am-9am couple of days a week – Would undoubtedly win if this was HousesofParliament chat. Odds 18/1

Paul O’Grady – Radio 2 at the weekend probably. Long shot for this sought after title 33/1

Mitch Benn – seemed to wind up plenty on NSC – never heard of him. Odds 100/1

Iggy Pop – nominated but hardly a genuine candidate in this company . Odds 100/1

John Murray – Five Live boxing correspondent. Odds 500/1

Max Reinhart – according to his nominator, by far the most annoying of the roster of presenters for the best radio show ever...Late Junction. Odds 1000/1

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure I've heard any of these on the radio.

I'm voting Paul O'Grady though. I can't stand his voice for more than about 20 seconds.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A man with an acoustic guitar trying to be all funny and satirical. He's simply not.

Mitch Benn all the way for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Might as well give Hopkins a bye to the final.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
John Murray is the footy correspondnet rather than boxing, Shirley?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Mitch. Benn. Shudder.

The very worst a radio add on to the Now show providing "witty satirical contemporary musical interludes" apparently.

Now has a fan base of semi moist alternative ladies and grannies who think he's incredibly funny. He's not. He's a cancerous polyp on the anus of humanity.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If it was "who is the worst human" then Hopkins wins by a mile. But I've never heard her on the radio and I'm pretty sure I never will so in this context I can't vote for her.

Durham is a BELLEND that's for sure but do I automatically switch him off? Probably not as there's some sort of sick fascination to hearing him and performing monkey Gough talk utter crap, for about five minutes anyway.

Most of the rest I've not heard of, but on the basis of the contest my vote has to go to Humphreys. Pomposity personified, he knows lots of long words but rarely says anything interesting. His interview style is all about trying to make himself look clever rather than getting any interesting answers from his subject. I can't listen to more than a few seconds of the smug prick.

Off you go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's the big one in about two weeks. This should be a Feb competition surely? Poor decision hosting it now.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Durham definitely
I listen to talkSport a fair bit and like a lot of their presenters but I turn Durham off as soon as I hear him.
I don't think I've heard most of the rest of them on the radio

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Durham, since I actually heard him once. I avoid the Hopkins woman like the plague, giving it the oxygen of publicity is a massive mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here