Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is apparently considered headline news

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38394780

So the Queen and Phillip have both got a cold. I don't understand how this is one of the top stories on the BBC News site. A couple of privileged SPONGERS have got the SNIFFLES and we're supposed to give a shit.

It's OK though, Nick Witchell is on the case with has important insights into royal life:

The Queen and Prince Philip normally took the train around 11:00 GMT from London, but the delay was "no cause for concern".
He added: "I would imagine they will wish to travel as soon as they feel able to.
"They certainly won't want to miss the family Christmas at Sandringham, so I am sure they will return to their plan for Christmas in a day or so."

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

So the Queen and Phillip have both got a cold. I don't understand how this is one of the top stories on the BBC News site. A couple of privileged SPONGERS have got the SNIFFLES and we're supposed to give a shit.

It's OK though, Nick Witchell is on the case with has important insights into royal life:

The Queen and Prince Philip normally took the train around 11:00 GMT from London, but the delay was "no cause for concern".
He added: "I would imagine they will wish to travel as soon as they feel able to.
"They certainly won't want to miss the family Christmas at Sandringham, so I am sure they will return to their plan for Christmas in a day or so."

That's your MBE cancelled :whistle:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I guess any concerns about the Queen and Prince Phillip's health will attract headlines especially due to their age.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bloody colonials, stop whinging.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Well I'd have to agree, not many would give a shit. But what makes it even stranger is that you're bothering to comment on the 'non event' ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I guess any concerns about the Queen and Prince Phillip's health will attract headlines especially due to their age.

I'd say the "no cause for concern" quote would negate the need for it being a headline.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Queen not immortal - read all abaaught it....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well I'd have to agree, not many would give a shit. But what makes it even stranger is that you're bothering to comment on the 'non event' ?

Ah, the classic NSC response. Well done :clap2:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Obv. a slow news day - bit like Bozza's thread on whether or not everyone is ready for christmas!!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If an elected head of state doesn't travel due to illness it is news in that home country , no different with ours being ill and nothing unique about not being unelected and ill

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I going to slag off a couple of people in their nineties, nah I'll pass on that today.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Somehow I found it assuring that Her Majesty actually uses public transport.

On the other hand it is useful travel news for those of us mere great unwashed peasants sharing her use of the Great Northern service to/from Kings Cross when a precious carriage is dedicated to Her Majesty and entourage.

I wonder if she avails herself of the handy buffet at Kings Lynn (run by a Palace fan) for a carry on Latte and bacon sarnie......?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'm no royalist, but appreciate that they bring a section of society a lot of pleasure, and the fact that queenie has a cold is absolutely enthralling, major news to some people. However, I'd much rather follow a football club with the same stupid, unquestioning devotion...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
At the National Railway Museum in York there is the railway carriage that George V used on his travels around the manor. It looks pretty comfortable without being ostentatious. Of course, being Hoi Polloi we could only look in the window so I cannot vouch for how comfy it actually is.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Somehow I found it assuring that Her Majesty actually uses public transport.

On the other hand it is useful travel news for those of us mere great unwashed peasants sharing her use of the Great Northern service to/from Kings Cross when a precious carriage is dedicated to Her Majesty and entourage.

I wonder if she avails herself of the handy buffet at Kings Lynn (run by a Palace fan) for a carry on Latte and bacon sarnie......?

I bet they bought Super Advance tickets and can't change the dates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here