Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bank Scam Warning

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Be careful , I've just received a text purporting to be from my bank asking get if I had just attempted a transaction at.xyz shop , but if it wasn't me I should ring the 0843 number on the text, I was suspicious so Googled my bank fraud line number and called that , good job I did as they explained it's a scam and the 0843 number is a premium rate £100 a minute line , don't be a victim to this!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Be careful , I've just received a text purporting to be from my bank asking get if I had just attempted a transaction at.xyz shop , but if it wasn't me I should ring the 0843 number on the text, I was suspicious so Googled my bank fraud line number and called that , good job I did as they explained it's a scam and the 0843 number is a premium rate £100 a minute line , don't be a victim to this!!

thanks... I know everyone should know to avoid these but always good to get reminded

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I am pretty sure Ernest's number starts 0843

£100 a minute come on

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I keep getting a phisiing email purporting to be from HMRC stating " we have just shipped your order....... click here for details "

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't doubt that. They are talking shit though and that's pretty irresponsible.

What on earth is irresponsible about telling me not to ring a premium rate scam line , it could be one that switches to another line or something like that , fvcks sake I was just passing on a warning.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What on earth is irresponsible about telling me not to ring a premium rate scam line , it could be one that switches to another line or something like that , fvcks sake I was just passing on a warning.

Calm down dear. It's irresponsible scaremongering to tell people that they'll get stung £100 a minute for a phone call. Scammers cannot switch you to another, more expensive, line.
I was merely clarifying, in case someone had rung it and was worried about getting a big bill.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Much appreciated. I have had a few emails purporting to be from Apple and Amazon and asking that I click on links. Rather than do that I instead clicked on the sender to discover the e mails were not from either company. These attempted scams seem to be on the increase.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
:angry::angry:Directory enquiries up to £4 a minute.... speaking to someone who struggles with English..... given wrong number.... £7.43 credit reduced to £0.00. Never again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:angry::angry:Directory enquiries up to £4 a minute.... speaking to someone who struggles with English..... given wrong number.... £7.43 credit reduced to £0.00. Never again.

Directory enquiries ? How very 1998. What kind of number were you after ? Surely Google is the go-to for this now.

[edit]

Albeit I only use it for business numbers

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Directory enquiries ? How very 1998. What kind of number were you after ? Surely Google is the go-to for this now.

[edit]

Albeit I only use it for business numbers
Yes, it is now, but for a long while I was internet-less.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Ahh directory enquiries. Became so much better value after those hilarious chaps at OFCOM decided to open it up to all and sundry. Goodbye 192, hello endless crappy directory numbers with tedious adverts :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here