Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Interest from villa, and subject to a £9 million bid from reading. Probably sees our slim chances of signing him get even slimmer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interest from villa, and subject to a £9 million bid from reading. Probably sees our slim chances of signing him get even slimmer
Why? If Brentford are resigned to him leaving, and then we bid, they can hardly say he's allowed to go to the other clubs but not us - that wouldn't be reasonable to the player. And if he had the choice, wouldn't he choose the club most likely to go up this year?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We dont want him well not for £9m we dont.There will be cheaper options as good available as we only need somebody to help get us up and he wouldnt be the answer next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Before reading and villa were we in with a good chance of signing him then?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Suspect knees, he's done his cruciate a couple of times. If we are seriously looking to go up this season we ought to be looking at much better players worth a lot more money. I suspect TB will surprise us all and splash the cash in January and smash our transfer record.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Only 24 years of age.
Didn't realise he had such a good goals-to-games ratio

2013–2014 Rochdale 33 (17)
2014– Brentford 28 (20)

On 21 July 2014, Hogan signed a three-year contract with Championship side Brentford,in a deal reported to be worth approximately £750,000.
Brentford are going to make a decent profit on the lad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Suspect knees, he's done his cruciate a couple of times. If we are seriously looking to go up this season we ought to be looking at much better players worth a lot more money. I suspect TB will surprise us all and splash the cash in January and smash our transfer record.

I can absolutely guarantee that we will not be signing 'much better players' than Scott Hogan. Not a chance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure Albion were ever looking at him. We have the squad we need- that was sorted in the summer.

I suspect that we may bring in the number 10 we are after in January. But, given that we can take the pick of top flight loans, I'm not sure that it will be a permanent signing.

Money doesn't grow on trees.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I still don't get this obsession with signing a striker. We were top scorers in the division last season, and we're running along just fine thanks so far this season. Arguably the goal difference we missed out on last season was due to conceding too many rather than not scoring enough, and again, so far this season that seems pretty sorted.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I still don't get this obsession with signing a striker. We were top scorers in the division last season, and we're running along just fine thanks so far this season. Arguably the goal difference we missed out on last season was due to conceding too many rather than not scoring enough, and again, so far this season that seems pretty sorted.

Cover for injuries?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Like Glenn, we are very thin on top if anything happens to any of our 3 strikers. We've got away with it so far, but cover / competition is essential for the 2nd half of the season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

People see it as some kind of 'guarantee' because Baldock doesn't score enough goals, or 'in case Murray gets injured' even though we have Hemed.

The only player we need is cover for Baldock and potentially young replacements for any going out (KLL, Ince).

I would have big concerns in 'breaking the bank' for a player at this stage, especially for a position that we already have 2 players for. What they see as a guarantee, I see as a risk. Our squad is very harmonious at the moment, why potentially upset that now? With the exception of Baldock cover, we are already good enough in each and every position to go up as long as we can maintain decent form.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cover for injuries?

Like Glenn, we are very thin on top if anything happens to any of our 3 strikers. We've got away with it so far, but cover / competition is essential for the 2nd half of the season.

Completely agree on the "cover" point, but lets not go breaking the bank for a star striker just to provide cover.

People see it as some kind of 'guarantee' because Baldock doesn't score enough goals, or 'in case Murray gets injured' even though we have Hemed.

The only player we need is cover for Baldock and potentially young replacements for any going out (KLL, Ince).

I would have big concerns in 'breaking the bank' for a player at this stage, especially for a position that we already have 2 players for. What they see as a guarantee, I see as a risk. Our squad is very harmonious at the moment, why potentially upset that now? With the exception of Baldock cover, we are already good enough in each and every position to go up as long as we can maintain decent form.

This.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We dont want him well not for £9m we dont.There will be cheaper options as good available as we only need somebody to help get us up and he wouldnt be the answer next season.

Agreed we could have basically swapped Stephens for him in a mini roundabout with Burnley and maybe a bit of cash going towards Brentford, But Burnley look sorted and I cant see anyone paying over the odds for Stephens at this point in his contract.

So in short end of thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here