Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indiana Tandorri Restaurant, Church Road, Hove

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Given that nearly all Indian restaurants in southern England are run by Bangladeshis you could make a similar argument about most!

although Bangladesh was carved out of India, and was part of India a lot longer than it's been Bangladesh. Bengali Bangladeshis will still refer to themselves as Bengalis or Indians in many cases or scenarios. A large part of Bengal is still in India, just as Pakistanis and Indians both sides of the border of divided Punjab call themselves Punjabis (although not likely to refer to themselves as Indian if they from the Pakistan side....).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
although Bangladesh was carved out of India, and was part of India a lot longer than it's been Bangladesh. Bengali Bangladeshis will still refer to themselves as Bengalis or Indians in many cases or scenarios. A large part of Bengal is still in India, just as Pakistanis and Indians both sides of the border of divided Punjab call themselves Punjabis (although not likely to refer to themselves as Indian if they from the Pakistan side....).

Quite. Bangladesh was formerly East Pakistan before independence of course.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
what does grate with me is the name. Indiana is a state in the USA, on the other side of the world from the Indian cuisine that they serve. There is absolutely no connection whatsoever between American indians, and those from Asia. Whatever were the owners thinking of?
Nice ranting.
Indiana means land of the Indians
Oh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reminds me of a conversation I was having earlier this year in a bar in New York about the fact that my next port of call was Minneapolis

"Oh cool" he said. "Where they have the Indi 500"

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here