Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club anthems

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What are your best and worst?

I do quite like "Let em come" at Millwall. A good number that fits well with the club.

I think Palace and their "Glad all over" must be a contender but this is perhaps my anti Palace bias coming out. I think the crappest one is "keep right on", the dreary tuneless dirge sung at Birmingham.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I can't stand 'Mull of Kintyre' at the best of times, let alone when it's being blasted out at a million decibels from those victorian speakers at the City ground. So that's my worst.

Glad All Over isn't that bad to be honest.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sheffield United's "Greasy Chip Butty" is one of my favourites.

This to be a contender.

Don't mind Norwich's either .... on the ball

And Forests is good but cant remember it , just remember they blast it out before KO

edit - Forgot Coventry's. I vote for that .. . although cant remember its name

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The fact that Palace run out to a song by the Dave Clark Five, especially one with a name as drippy as Glad All Over, is something that never fails to make my laugh. Long may it continue, along most other things that Palace do.

I love the fact that our anthem is rooted in local history and not just something chosen more or less at random.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ours is the best, naturally. Its totally uniquely relevant to our club. Its a pity most fans STILL bin off the stirringly iconic "you can tell them all that we stand or fall" line in favour of nonsensical gibberish "we're going up to win the cup" line. That takes a slight edge off of it, but otherwise, its immense.

Worst is obviously Glad All Over. A completely meaningless piece of 60s tripe by a bunch of no-marks that is literally ONLY used for the big "DUM DUM" drum bit in the chorus. Thats it. It certainly suits the suffocating naffness of that rancid little boil of a club, but as an anthem its the absolute pits.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that Palace run out to a song by the Dave Clark Five, especially one with a name as drippy as Glad All Over, is something that never fails to make my laugh. Long may it continue, along most other things that Palace do.

I love the fact that our anthem is rooted in local history and not just something chosen more or less at random.

I think we're on the same page.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do Reading still come out to Sweet Caroline,or the owners wife's ditty. Either way,it's on a par with Glad all over for sheer naffness.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Best = Bristol Rovers Goodnight Irene
Worst = them tozzers and Glad all over.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Blackpool - Glad All Over, because the only thing worse than being Palace is copying Palace.

(and yes, I'm aware of the irony in this and our nickname, but then I still think we should be the Dolphins)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Ours is the best, naturally. Its totally uniquely relevant to our club. Its a pity most fans STILL bin off the stirringly iconic "you can tell them all that we stand or fall" line in favour of nonsensical gibberish "we're going up to win the cup" line. That takes a slight edge off of it, but otherwise, its immense.

Worst is obviously Glad All Over. A completely meaningless piece of 60s tripe by a bunch of no-marks that is literally ONLY used for the big "DUM DUM" drum bit in the chorus. Thats it. It certainly suits the suffocating naffness of that rancid little boil of a club, but as an anthem its the absolute pits.

A completely meaningless piece of 60s tripe written and performed by Tottenham fans.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry but that bubbles shite is far worse than glad all over, and the vile drones of YNWA always make me nauseous.

Goodnight Irene ringing out from the gas is alright, but ours is the best of course :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Yes, basically this.

But there are some decent runners-up and some proper shit efforts that are nearly as bad as the Nigel's pathetic crappy "song".

Good: GOSBTS, Men of Harlech, Let em come, Greasy chip butty, Valley Floyd Road (same as Forest use but better when they sing it IMO).
Bad: Glad all over, Glad all over, Glad all over, and Keep right on (although nothing like as bad as Glad all over).

Sorry but that bubbles shite is far worse than glad all over, and the vile drones of YNWA always make me nauseous.

Goodnight Irene ringing out from the gas is alright, but ours is the best of course :thumbsup:
Excellent post all round there. Completely agree with all of that (except Glad all over IS worse than that shite bubbles effort).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here