Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
As the transfer window now draws close, do you think we will sign anyone. Or do you agree with Peter Beagrie who said prior to the Leeds game, that he thought our squad was strong enough and signing someone could have an adverse effect on team spirit. I think he has a point and with the return of Rosenior, Kayal and March I think we are strong enough to finish the job.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, I'm sure we will.

INS : 1 or 2 strikers, and a central midfielder.
OUTS : Elvis, LuaLua ?, Ince time off for court.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We just need cover up top, that's it.

Teixeira
Russell
Dack

Any of those will do, probably won't need to call on him much. CH has put his faith in Baldock, we won't be spending big money to 'replace' him as such.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Yes, I'm sure we will.

INS : 1 or 2 strikers, and a central midfielder.
OUTS : Elvis, LuaLua ?, Ince time off for court.

Yes, but i suspect we will only try to get a forward in unless Stephens leaves then we will add a midfielder as well.

I was hoping we may splash the cash on a Hogan or Assombalonga but i suspect we may be looking in the 3-4 million range.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In: Hogan, Tex, Frank

Out: Manu, Ince (loan), Towell (loan), Hunt (loan), Maybe we can sell JFC & O'Grady too?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IN - 1 (cover for Baldock)
OUT - 3 (Manu perm, Kaz perm, Towell on Loan)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Assuming nobody significant leaves, all we need is a quick, mobile striker to rival Baldock for a place up front and stretch opposition defences.

Someone like Chuba Akpom from Arsenal, who helped Hull to promotion last year. He'd fit the bill for me. Get him in on loan and we're snorted.

Assuming nobody significant leaves, all we need is a quick, mobile striker to rival Baldock for a place up front and stretch opposition defences.

Someone like Chuba Akpom from Arsenal, who helped Hull to promotion last year. He'd fit the bill for me. Get him in on loan and we're snorted.

Oink, oink !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IN - 1 (cover for Baldock)
OUT - 3 (Manu perm, Kaz perm, Towell on Loan)
Reducing the squad down to 24 players isn't wise.

We'll have learnt lessons from last season with regard to injuries.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With 3 goals in 36 games, he's not what we need.

Baldock is hardly prolific, but he's effective. What we need is some competition for him.

Its pretty rare you'll suddenly bring in someone who'll bag you 10-15 goals between January and the end of the season, those type of players are rarely available. If that's really what you're waiting for, I think you'll end up disappointed. We're on +21 GD, goalscoring isn't really a problem. The squad just needs a little fine-tuning, some decent backup, and this kid would fit the bill IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd have a shortlist of 3 players as potential loan signings - Peter Crouch, Joao Teixeira and Jonathan Calleri.

It's so difficult. Goals in League 1 mean little, goals in the Championship will leave you little change of £10 mill, while strikers from the Prem are on huge money.

Even in Spain you're taking a punt. The likes of David Rodriguez - who was sh1t with us - has since bagged 46 goals in 102 appearances for Alcorcon.

Any Prem striker you can get is likely to have been kicking his heels and will want first team action, and Glenn Murray isn't getting dropped any time soon.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Tex, Russell, Akpom, Clough, Jerome Sinclair I would be thrilled with any of these as competition for Baldock

And all should be available....ish

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hughton was pretty sanguine live on the radio earlier today - really doesn't sound like we'll be doing much at all. Cover/competition for Baldock will be it I reckon, we're pretty well covered in every other position.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The difference being we now have cover in every position plus additional versatile cover except for Baldock. I would be happy for Texiera to come back as that cover.
Having just 24 players really is risking it.

We currently have 26, why reduce that ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here