Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From our rivals perspective....

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
From Derby County Forum:

I think Brighton and Newcastle will be automatically promoted and then it's the playoff lottery.
Reading ,Fulham Huddersfield and Leeds going well.
Sheff Wed will have a say as will Aston Villa with Steve Bruce as manager and Norwich and Birmingham who have Zola as manager now and will spend in January

From Fulham Forum:

As its highly unlikely we are going for top 2 the realistic target has to be 6th and here is a graph showing the gap between ourselves and 6th place as the season has progressed.
I think as long as we keep the gap to 4pts or less then we are in with a chance. Once it gets to 6 on a consistent basis then its a big ask as games run out.

From Sheff Wed Forum:

As we're almost half way through the season it's probably a good time to take stock, where would you be happy to finsih this season? Personally I'd take 6th.

From Reading Forum:

First, promotion wasn't going to be mentioned, now we're talking about 'promotion credentials'.Getting a bit carried away, methinks.

From Huddersfield Forum

considering we have had our dip in form, think we can realistically make the play offs now if we can find the consistency.

So effectively most teams would be happy to cement a play off place and are not even contemplating overhauling us or Newcastle. If we can win our next couple of matches I think this view would certainly be the case, I know it's stating the obvious but must keep the gap between us and 3rd and keep our rivals thought process along these lines!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Always interesting reading the opinions of other fans. I especially like the phrase 'Brighton didn't seem all that', which 50% of the losing teams fans seem to say! However, I doubt the teams you are listing all share the view of the fan forums, I wish they did but some will definitely be aiming for autos.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's more like other supporters, writing off their automatic chances,not the teams themselves.
I still think the second half of the season will be tough, I am counting no chickens yet.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Who cares what other fans think?

We whine when they slag us, but feel the need to hunt for reassurance and compliments?

Are we really that fragile?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Always interesting reading the opinions of other fans. I especially like the phrase 'Brighton didn't seem all that', which 50% of the losing teams fans seem to say! However, I doubt the teams you are listing all share the view of the fan forums, I wish they did but some will definitely be aiming for autos.

It's fair comment. We're just slightly better than the rest, which is all we need to be. Same as Reading in 2011, Bournemouth in 2015, Burnley in 2016 and so on. You don't need to play everyone else off the park, just get the job done. I think most fans realise this too.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
From Derby County Forum:

I think Brighton and Newcastle will be automatically promoted and then it's the playoff lottery.
Reading ,Fulham Huddersfield and Leeds going well.
Sheff Wed will have a say as will Aston Villa with Steve Bruce as manager and Norwich and Birmingham who have Zola as manager now and will spend in January

From Fulham Forum:

As its highly unlikely we are going for top 2 the realistic target has to be 6th and here is a graph showing the gap between ourselves and 6th place as the season has progressed.
I think as long as we keep the gap to 4pts or less then we are in with a chance. Once it gets to 6 on a consistent basis then its a big ask as games run out.

From Sheff Wed Forum:

As we're almost half way through the season it's probably a good time to take stock, where would you be happy to finsih this season? Personally I'd take 6th.

From Reading Forum:

First, promotion wasn't going to be mentioned, now we're talking about 'promotion credentials'.Getting a bit carried away, methinks.

From Huddersfield Forum

considering we have had our dip in form, think we can realistically make the play offs now if we can find the consistency.

So effectively most teams would be happy to cement a play off place and are not even contemplating overhauling us or Newcastle. If we can win our next couple of matches I think this view would certainly be the case, I know it's stating the obvious but must keep the gap between us and 3rd and keep our rivals thought process along these lines!

But you've quoted single opinions from other boards. How can this be a majority ?

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Who cares what other fans think? I personally think it's interesting, do you not read newspapers / listen to pundits and are only interested on peoples views on NSC?!?

We whine when they slag us, but feel the need to hunt for reassurance and compliments? Don't need any reassurance was more interested in looking at their view on their own chances

No we are not

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But you've quoted single opinions from other boards. How can this be a majority ?

Indeed, could easily extract this instead:

Brighton are not as good as most would believe.

Brighton are the biggest frauds of the football league.

They always tend to do well against the smaller teams which keeps them up there with the big boys but when it comes down to playing the bigger teams and the play offs. They bottle it and capitulate.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Yeah this always makes me laugh. Similarly, when I was up at Cardiff, I couldn't join in with the "You're shit and you know you are" chant because, yes they were shit and we couldn't beat them. Glass houses.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Who cares what other fans think?

We whine when they slag us, but feel the need to hunt for reassurance and compliments?

Its interesting. some of us have more time and I try and dig up anything reagarding theAlbion. For instance on The Birmingham forum they were slaggingoff their own fans foe homophobic chanting.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It's fair comment. We're just slightly better than the rest, which is all we need to be. Same as Reading in 2011, Bournemouth in 2015, Burnley in 2016 and so on. You don't need to play everyone else off the park, just get the job done. I think most fans realise this too.

Simster, this is so true and I have said before, each game, we don't out play the opposition, we just know how to beat them which is what is important and if that continues and we can stay clear of major injury then we will be fine. We have to accept we will lose games between now and the end, but so will the others and probably more than us, so we need to stay focused on what we do and not worry about the others.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
We won't admit we're nailed on for promotion because we fear that it will spook it or we can't quite believe it. Me included.

but fact is. its very unusual indeed for a club in our position to not get promoted. and most journalists, fans, clubs , bookmakers, pundits concur.
So not a surprise to go looking, anywhere, and have your suspicions confirmed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We won't admit we're nailed on for promotion because we fear that it will spook it or we can't quite believe it. Me included.

but fact is. its very unusual indeed for a club in our position to not get promoted. and most journalists, fans, clubs , bookmakers, pundits concur.
So not a surprise to go looking, anywhere, and have your suspicions confirmed.
Well to be fair, it's looking good, but 'nailed on' is a bit of a stretch at this stage.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Be interesting to read the Leeds and Newcastle forums.

I had a look about and Huddersfield seem the most confident.

Most fans are wondering if their teams really can get 90 points. We pretty much know this team can

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here