Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you ready for Christmas?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That bloody question that various folk ask around this time of year.

Frankly, no I'm not.

It feels like a funny run-in to the big day this year, with (most) schools breaking up a whole week ahead of Christmas Day. Even sitting here now, Christmas Day feels like some time away meaning I'm nowhere near "panic mode" which is where I need to be to actually do the bulk of my Christmas present shopping.

Then there's the whole food shopping thing. I have no idea what we really need such are our various travels over the festive period. It feels like we're just popping home now and again just to take in the odd Albion game.

Are you ready for Christmas yet?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes , i purchased a Amazon Complete Christmas Experience Hamper so no need to worry about anything at all .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had the same thought this morning. I'm working every day this week - albeit from home for a lot of it and still have a decent amount of shopping to do that can't be done online.

Also tried to do a normal food shop at the weekend for this week and Tesco click/collect in Worthing & Horsham both had 0 slots all week. That is without even considering supplies for the 25th-28th December. The only thing I have stocked up on is booze.

Luckily Tesco Holmbush is now 24 hour, and M&S is open until 11pm so I think I'll take a trip over later to sort that

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Given that my wife has totally ****ing mullered our bank account and credit cards over the past few weeks buying insane amounts of shit for our children, yes.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Are you ready for Christmas yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes - Never been so organised before, all presents purchased and wrapped and all food and drink shopping done. Just the veg etc to get on Christmas eve. Usually still have loads to do at this point but this year can enjoy the build up.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I agree Christmas feels like a long way off, but I'm actually ready.

Presents bought, wrapped and delivered. Haven't had to buy much food, as we're going away to see family for most of the festive period. But we've bought the few bits that we needed it, and of course, the alcohol stock is looking healthy.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Yes , i purchased a Amazon Complete Christmas Experience Hamper so no need to worry about anything at all .

Bozza will be very hopeful that you purchased that through the links on this page! :rock:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No, the last few months have been the busiest I've ever experienced at work - to the point where I've got so stressed I've turned to NSC! I'm still getting about a hundred emails a day with no sign of this relenting, despite half the office already being off. I will be here till the bitter end and not sure when I'm going to get the chance to contemplate the Christmas dinner for six that I'm supposed to be providing at the weekend.

The one positive is that we've already bought the wine (though may have made some inroads into it already!)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I really hate it when people ask that question. I don't even understand what it's supposed to mean.

We're going to my Mum's for dinner so all I've got to buy is loads of booze. My son's birthday was last Saturday so we try to keep any Christmas stuff separate from that so he can enjoy it as being special for him. Haven't even put decorations up yet.

I'm starting to sound like The Grinch but I actually love Christmas. Just not the stupid question which makes me want to go all Bill Murray Groundhog Day on whoever asks it for the 1000th time.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
97% done thanks mostly to Mrs Woody. Just a few more vinos to be added to the cellar (my job) and fresh veg to be gathered nearer the day (her job). The annoying bit about being so organised is the 'ooh,I'll just order that as well, as an extra' feeling that occurs through not having enough to fret over in the coming days. Can make things bloody expensive.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Mrs has done the majority of it as Im not overly keen on Christmas - I've just got her presents to wrap. We are going away to a lodge on the IOW from the 23 - 27th, so all the food etc is being delivered there and we wont have to do anything once we are settled in for the duration. Nice easy one this year.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Parcels all sent, all presents purchased and 80% wrapped, still working with plenty to do until I finish for a week and a half on Friday at 5pm. The wife is looking after the little one, but kinda working from home which means the house will be a tip and need a good clean in the coming evenings. Christmas heavy duty goods (alcohol, and various other none fresh foods) shopping ordered and goona be delivered Friday evening. Leaving the main Christmas shop fresh food etc shopping to be done on Christmas morning at 7am when they open.

Ready mostly, but it never feels like Christmas to me until I walk through the door after I have finished on the last day thrown my work bag in the cupboard, taken me work clothes off (put on more relaxing jeans and t shirt) and sat down with a nice glass of mulled wine at about 6pm Friday.....

Not far now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I absolutely love Xmas time. My Xmas started some time ago with a traditional goose dinner I organise for my German chums and since then I've been ready and on-call ever since.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mrs D has got most of the presents as usual, we had one full day shopping last week when I did 90% of what I needed to do (hers and a few family things). One more (local) shopping trip planned tonight, including getting most of the food hopefully. Joint of meat being delivered tomorrow. Will be a quiet few days with just us and the 2 offspring so if we've forgotten anything it's too bad........
Golf on Christmas Eve, BHTFC Boxing Day, BHA on 27th followed by a F&F pissup at home, day trip to Devon on 29th to visit family, BHA on 30th. All pretty relaxed, happy days.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
That bloody question that various folk ask around this time of year.

Frankly, no I'm not.

It feels like a funny run-in to the big day this year, with (most) schools breaking up a whole week ahead of Christmas Day. Even sitting here now, Christmas Day feels like some time away meaning I'm nowhere near "panic mode" which is where I need to be to actually do the bulk of my Christmas present shopping.

Then there's the whole food shopping thing. I have no idea what we really need such are our various travels over the festive period. It feels like we're just popping home now and again just to take in the odd Albion game.

Are you ready for Christmas yet?

when is it? :lol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I really hate it when people ask that question. I don't even understand what it's supposed to mean.

We're going to my Mum's for dinner so all I've got to buy is loads of booze. My son's birthday was last Saturday so we try to keep any Christmas stuff separate from that so he can enjoy it as being special for him. Haven't even put decorations up yet.

I'm starting to sound like The Grinch but I actually love Christmas. Just not the stupid question which makes me want to go all Bill Murray Groundhog Day on whoever asks it for the 1000th time.

That's all well and good, but ARE YOU READY?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've fallen into the same trap as I do every year. Mrs DFP's birthday is on the 22nd, and every year I end up panicking and giving her all of her Christmas presents on her birthday, I then leave myself an impossibly small window within which I have to think of a new gift/s and actually get a moment away from her to buy stuff in secret.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I am ready - bar the wrapping.

Going to in-laws Christmas day so nothing to cook either. Sit back & relax :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here