Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stitches

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Anyone ever had stitches and taken em out yourself? How did you get on seems easy enough? Wonder what happens if you just leave them will they grow out?:moo:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Go for it , it's a doddle , here's my before and after pics .

duo.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Depends where they are. In thin skin, like the scalp or shin they will go a little brittle and with a pair of flat headed tweezers you can pluck them out. A mate took about 6 stitches out of the crown of my head and it was fine. Sterilise the tweezers and hands first just to be safe.

If they are in the thigh or shoulder, thicker areas of skin just prob best to let a pro do it.

Either way you can just pop down to your local GP or health centre and a nurse will take them out for you very quickly.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yeah these aren't disolvable ones. There's about 8 above my eye. There's just gonna be a massive queue and a cost if I get a pro to do it here

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yeah its not looking too rosy TBH they seem to have grown over and I didnt have any scissors I had 7 or 8 now can see 3 **** knows where the missing ones are

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think you should consult a medical professional before there's an inevitable "My head's gone septic" thread

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Yeah its not looking too rosy TBH they seem to have grown over and I didnt have any scissors I had 7 or 8 now can see 3 **** knows where the missing ones are

Oh dear, sounds like you left them in too long! I was going to suggest, if you can gently lift them up with a pair of fine tweezers, then snip the bit between the knot and your skin with some small pointy scissors (mind your eye), then you should be able to pull them out. Not so sure what to suggest now it seems 5 have gone awol. A trip to the doctors I should think. Tch tch. By the way how did you do it? Did you get in a fight?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oh dear, sounds like you left them in too long! I was going to suggest, if you can gently lift them up with a pair of fine tweezers, then snip the bit between the knot and your skin with some small pointy scissors (mind your eye), then you should be able to pull them out. Not so sure what to suggest now it seems 5 have gone awol. A trip to the doctors I should think. Tch tch. By the way how did you do it? Did you get in a fight?

Needs to be more Rambo than that. It sounds like he needs to cut the stitches out.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Thank you. Unforunately I was so keen to get out of hospital I didnt really listen and discharged myself I looks like they should have come out 5 or 6 days ago by a pro. No I'm not a fighter I was attacked. Spent 3 days in ICU, lost 80% of blood, 3 days and 4 units of blood transfusions and body left in a bin with broken ribs jaw and now looks like my retina is detached :(

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm tempted as unfortunately its skeleton staff in SA as all the doctors and hospital go on summer holiday and it'll take me a day queuing. I thought an ice cube and my fingers would save me queuing for 8 hours

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'm tempted as unfortunately its skeleton staff in SA as all the doctors and hospital go on summer holiday and it'll take me a day queuing. I thought an ice cube and my fingers would save me queuing for 8 hours

Oh, dear. Sounds like you had a particularly bad day that day. I'm very sorry if I sounded at all flippant. BTW, you'll never get those tricky little knots undone with your bare hands, especially if you've numbed them with ice first!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Do you have a General Practicioner? A local doctor or nurse could remove them without having to go to hospital?

I had a small growth removed from just above my eye, which had stitches. I went back to the hospital to have them removed only for a very grumpy nurse snap at me, 'Why didn't you go to your doctor, to have these removed?'
I just sat there meekly saying, 'I didn't know I had the option'.
Perhaps she'd had a bad day.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I had metal stitches (well staples really I suppose) when i had a hip operation a few years ago
Great fun when the nurse came to snip them in the middle then pull both ends out
Quite painful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here