Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darlington Return

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Amazing to think that a third tier rugby club own the arena ground now.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Crazy how they went from this:

feet4.jpg

To this:

an-aerial-view-of-the-darlington-arena-or-the-balfour-webnet-the-home-B5H87F.jpg

To now this:

blackwell.jpg

All in the space of 13 years!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Is that what that stadium is for?

Up the Albion!!!

EDIT: After trying to stand out and being different AND backing a winner by cheering the Albion I now realize I did attend the derby match at this ground in 2007 with Hartlepool. Well over the usual few thousand. My mate begged me to go with him.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely crazy how they went from Feethams, with average crowds of 2-3k, straight into a 25k stadium.

The sheer vanity of the project defies belief. George Reynolds killed that club.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Fantastic news. They're a lovely club and should never have left Feethams. I went to several games there when I was a student locally and it was a great place to watch football.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Been to the old Feethams and just what a name that is ! Can't remember who was playing,but i can remember the David Frost programme on Darlington.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fantastic news. They're a lovely club and should never have left Feethams. I went to several games there when I was a student locally and it was a great place to watch football.

Completely agree, Feethams was a lovely ground. I lived in the area in 1979/80 and was a regular for a year. I still look back fondly on the entrance gate, the walk around the cricket pitch and being able to change ends at half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here