Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fountain pen help

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Dear NSC,

My dearest friend has requested a fountain pen for Christmas,

Can any of you good fellows recommend a good make?

His only request is that it should mostly black, no gold!

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
You can spend from £20 to £200+...
If you can, travel to either Websters in The Lanes in Brighton, or The Scribe in Eastbourne.
You will get good advice from either place, and the prices are generally decent too

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've had my Sheaffer for about 30 years now and it still writes wonderfully. It's black with gold trim though, don't know if they do all-black - it's a great pen though

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Waterman's? I know they make fountain pens, not sure about their provenance though.

I've got a Waterman pen, not a fountain pen though, it was given to me by a customer, it's a quality pen.
I don't leave it lying around at home as one of my kids would probably take it to school.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bic

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I'd be interested in some suggestions of good models made currently. I used Parker ones throughout school and it seems like they just get worse and worse in terms of build quality.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another vote for Lamy. They come in all black, are quality but won't break the bank and are great looking eons that are comfortable to use.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Aren't you frightened of dropping it, or losing it, or something? Pretty pricey for a pen!

When I'm in the office, it's as permanent an accompaniment as my mobile phone and a notebook. When I leave the office it's one of the six things I always check I have with me: phone, wallet, car keys, pen, notebook, lap top. I then keep the pen and notebook in the car overnight - I travel to different offices.

It's possible, but I think unlikely, that I'd lose it. I'd be pretty gutted if I did - it took me three years to get the nib worn down to exactly the shape I wanted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here