Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Manager David Wagner leaving for Wolfsburg?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why?

Not remotely worried that Huddersfield can overhaul us. Quite happy that they stay strong enough to take points off the rest of the pack though.

I'm not worried about anyone overhauling us, but Huddersfield are as likely as anyone. I remember fans of other clubs saying "not worried about Brighton - they'll fall away". And apart from one disastrous 7 game spell, we didn't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not worried about anyone overhauling us, but Huddersfield are as likely as anyone. I remember fans of other clubs saying "not worried about Brighton - they'll fall away". And apart from one disastrous 7 game spell, we didn't.

'Fans of other clubs' were saying that about us when we had gone 21 games unbeaten and were TOP. Huddersfield are nine (and a 'half') points behind us. Its not that I don't rate Huddersfield - they were excellent on Friday night - its that I don't rate them ENOUGH to think they can possibly overhaul that.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Why?

Not remotely worried that Huddersfield can overhaul us. Quite happy that they stay strong enough to take points off the rest of the pack though.

Hmm I think it's quite arrogant to assume Hudds can't overhaul us, obviously teams like Derby seem to pose a bigger threat but we were pretty unfancied last season and managed to keep pace right until the end. I think we should take anything that could destabilise any potential promotion rivals.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hudds have had a wobble over about 9 games so pretty similar to us last year.

They are back on it now and looking good.

As dangerous as anyone and also looking to spend in Jan.

Losing Wagner would be a big body blow though.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If true then Hudds could be an ideal job for Gary Rowett to walk straight in to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You never know in this league. Although I agree with HKFC that Hudds could be that annoying team that stay around the top 8 and take points off the likes of Derby, Villa, Norwich & Wednesday. Same with Leeds possibly. Give it another 10 games and we'll know more on what other results we'll be hoping for. Derby are the worry for me now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmm I think it's quite arrogant to assume Hudds can't overhaul us, obviously teams like Derby seem to pose a bigger threat but we were pretty unfancied last season and managed to keep pace right until the end. I think we should take anything that could destabilise any potential promotion rivals.

Or it could improve them as......

If true then Hudds could be an ideal job for Gary Rowett to walk straight in to.

.........this was also my first thought.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

Trouble at any of the top teams can only be good news for Brighton, it shouldn't affect our performance but a dip in this league can be terminal for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon he'll leave, the care-taker will initially do well and then they'll fall away towards the end of the season when his tactics abs style really kick-in. He'll be sacked and then hey'll get a proper manager in. Perfect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I was thinking precisely the same thing. So even IF Wagner did decide to jump ship and return to his native Deutchland, then there is nothing to say that Huddersfield wpuld be worse off with out him. They could concevebly be even stronger.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why?

A question: at what point in the season did you concede that Bmuff were getting promoted? I've been saying that Huddersfield will fall away for a long time now, but they are showing resilience (it's far more that we've been successful in the past 15 games than they haven't).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here