Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham away attendance?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
My son and I were surprised and delighted to bump into 4 other local Seagulls travelling to the game on the train from Stratford-upon-Avon to Bordesley, a mere 40 mins away (luxury - for once only a short journey to watch the Albion!). I wasn't expecting that encounter on a local Midlands train. Interesting journey up; in addition to a number of Brum fans there were a fair few Baggies' fans on the same train, which carried onto the Hawthorns where they were playing Man Utd also at 17:30. Cheers of "Albion" from us, wearing blue and white scarves, confused the Baggies' (and Brum) fans who thought that we were Brum fans taking the p*ss! A quick reveal of my rather sartorial Xmas Albion reindeer jumper clarified all! :) Added to the mix were a few Villa lads and lasses going into Brum for Xmas shopping so it turned out to be a pretty surreal and enjoyable experience, with everyone in very festive mood (and the Villa fans openly hoping that we'd win against their rivals). The return journey was far more subdued, with the train packed with stunned Brummies who couldn't believe they'd just lost. As it's the season of goodwill, we decided to display a bit of festive decorum and to rein in the Seagulls' celebrations! :ascarf:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Falmer Flutter [emoji767 said:
;7710772]Thanks Quinney. Seemed more.

Certainly did, I was surprised when I read that. We made plenty of noise and great scenes at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Definitely more than 1207 , that's probably the tickets purchased from the club and not accounting for the walk ups .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1200 according to Birmingham Mail.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
In between squeals,rattles,and general feedback the announcer said 17 hundred an sqirgle fleep,just after Tumour Humous came on.???

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Definitely more than 1207 , that's probably the tickets purchased from the club and not accounting for the walk ups .

Away end looked empty on the highlights but looked full to the rafters when standing at the back so I'd say 1207 is correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here