a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
cant see CH letting it be a distraction TBH

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We might muddle through against the Dongs, but honestly Sim, save your money. We'll be putting the stiffs out every step of the way - and there won't be many.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We might muddle through against the Dongs, but honestly Sim, save your money. We'll be putting the stiffs out every step of the way - and there won't be many.
The reason I think we're worth a cheeky fiver is for this very reason - coupled with the fact that the same applies to pretty much every Premier league team and half the Championship, and the important fact that our squad is made up of players who aren't far off getting into the starting XI - that competition has been the secret to our success.

If you think we have a favourable 3rd round draw already which we'd expect to win, we are only three more games from Wembley and have the sort of squad makeup that makes this quite doable.

I know I'm being wildly optimistic and am dreaming of the greatest season we've ever seen to date, but I can really see it happening.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The reason I think we're worth a cheeky fiver is for this very reason - coupled with the fact that the same applies to pretty much every Premier league team and half the Championship, and the important fact that our squad is made up of players who aren't far off getting into the starting XI - that competition has been the secret to our success.

If you think we have a favourable 3rd round draw already which we'd expect to win, we are only three more games from Wembley and have the sort of squad makeup that makes this quite doable.

I know I'm being wildly optimistic and am dreaming of the greatest season we've ever seen to date, but I can really see it happening.

Can you afford a fiver or tenner ? If so, go for it if it makes you happy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
****'s sake, I can't believe some of you call yourself Brighton fans.

All together now:

"Oh we're going up AND WE'LL win the Cup!"

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy Man Utd or Chelsea. Or maybe Man City. Actually Arsenal and Liverpool are quite good too. Yes, one of those five. :thumbsup:

Yeah I genuinely don't know why I posted that to be honest. An utterly redundant statement, completely devoid of any insight whatsoever.

What an absolute waste of time, energy, electricity and hosting space :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah I genuinely don't know why I posted that to be honest. An utterly redundant statement, completely devoid of any insight whatsoever.

What an absolute waste of time, energy, electricity and hosting space :lolol:

Lovely stuff. It's what NSC is all about. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nah, FA Cup can **** right off. Our league form won't have any bearing whatsoever on how an entirely different BHA side fares in the cup, as shown in the League Cup. More than happy to be out asap.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd love to win the FA Cup, way more than being in the PL. However I can understand why any club would prioritise that league over it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The stiffs do enough to take us through three rounds against lesser opposition by which time the first team are 30 points clear of third and cruising. Then we can take the FA Cup seriously and win that as well. The Championship and FA Cup double. Lovely stuff. I'm in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have a sneaky feeling we won't see round four and I'm quite happy if we don't.

I recall some of us tellin g the moaners after the Reading game that it really didn't matter. Some had the right hump with our reserves that night. And yes u did go to the game and really didn't care we lost. Love the cups normally but this and last season are different while we concentrate on the league.

Can't see us playing anything other than a fri he team for every FA Cup round, so don't believe we'll go deep...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I recall some of us tellin g the moaners after the Reading game that it really didn't matter. Some had the right hump with our reserves that night. And yes u did go to the game and really didn't care we lost. Love the cups normally but this and last season are different while we concentrate on the league.

Can't see us playing anything other than a fri he team for every FA Cup round, so don't believe we'll go deep...

Imagine Murray played in an FA Cup game and got injured...just the thought of it...I almost actively want us to go out. I realise that's a bit ridiculous, but this season the league is SO SO SO much more important, for so many reasons.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imagine Murray played in an FA Cup game and got injured...just the thought of it...I almost actively want us to go out. I realise that's a bit ridiculous, but this season the league is SO SO SO much more important, for so many reasons.

Maaenpa / Rosenior / Goldson / Uwe (if fit) / Poco / Towell / KLL / Murphy / Norwood / Hemed / March maybe - we can put out a top side without risking injury. I'd like us to stick with same policy each round, which I'm sure we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here