Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another bus accident

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Looks nasty. Number seven outside the Bystander cafe. Ambulances. Old Bill. Road closed. Person on a stretcher. :down:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wouldn't surprise me. But can't speculate.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Always a bit of a dodgy spot that. You often see people parked across the crossing dropping people off. Why they can't just go a little way up Guildford Road or whatever I don't know.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was on a bus yesterday that twice, within five minutes, had to brake sharply as people crossed on a red man. I don't recall this being a regular occurrence when I was young - have people got a death wish these days?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Go drive in London (which I sadly have to do), every single cyclist and motorbike rider has this death wish.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was on a bus yesterday that twice, within five minutes, had to brake sharply as people crossed on a red man. I don't recall this being a regular occurrence when I was young - have people got a death wish these days?

Red man, green man, any colour man, just riding on or watching a bus trying to make it's way along North Street is quite an education. I saw a guy riding a skateboard hanging off the back of a bus recently. Death wish or what?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Most junctions around town don't have a proper pedestrian-centric red man now tho. They've got some mickey mouse little box on the side of the traffic light with a two inch high display. Only motorists get the proper red/amber/green signs. Some areas e.g. around the clock tower are stupidly difficult to cross safely for a pedestrian. Many just use their own skill and judgement as to whether they're in imminent danger of being mown down and pay little heed to whatever miniscule lights are available.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Reckon it's folks walking around with headphones on not paying attention to the word around them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I saw some poor bloke go under a bus on upper north Street some years ago. Genuinely still have visions of it from time to time. Hope everyone makes it okay from today's accident.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Go drive in London (which I sadly have to do), every single cyclist and motorbike rider has this death wish.

I drive in London on a regular basis for both work and pleasure and have never had an issue with any cyclists that I can recall, apart from the odd one jumping a red light (which infuriates me as a cyclist).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I drive in London on a regular basis for both work and pleasure and have never had an issue with any cyclists that I can recall, apart from the odd one jumping a red light (which infuriates me as a cyclist).

Get yourself over to the Hammersmith Bridge and A219, you'll have plenty of issues.

Talking of "having a death wish" The Old Steine near Sainsburys is just a joke, despite fast moving traffic, the 'red man' means nothing, people crossing don't even make an effort to step up to a jog, they just stroll across the road like you'd imagine them to do in down town Addis Ababa or somewhere like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here