Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
"Coming up, we have some breaking news. Staggering stuff here. This really is unbelievable. My good friend and source has come through here and we have, I repeat some stunning breaking news after the break."
[Break]
Cue some nonsense about Franny Jeffers once nearly signing for Gillingham.

He's the one person that I find almost unlistenable on his own (that was reserved for the absolute TOSH that was the two Mikes until TS saw sense and binned them off). At least 90% of his words are hype and hyperbole. That said, the combination of him, Natalie Sawyer and often Simon Jordan often do have some great debates (mainly as a result of Jordan and Sawyer), you just have to cut through the undergrowth of constantly hyping his contact book and reach as a journalist.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another vote here for H&J.
I share their sense of humour, they generally make me laugh several times during the course of a show, their clear love of the beautiful game matches my own, and their knowledge and intelligence in a wide variety of topics shines through ... particularly from Paul Hawksbee.

The genuine grumpiness of Jacobs on a Monday if Chelsea have failed to beat an alleged 'park the bus' team is hilarious. But he wears his heart on his sleeve. His mate Hawksby's a clever, witty, positive and good bloke. Perfect foils for one another.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Coming up, we have some breaking news. Staggering stuff here. This really is unbelievable. My good friend and source has come through here and we have, I repeat some stunning breaking news after the break."
[Break]
Cue some nonsense about Franny Jeffers once nearly signing for Gillingham.

He's the one person that I find almost unlistenable on his own (that was reserved for the absolute TOSH that was the two Mikes until TS saw sense and binned them off). At least 90% of his words are hype and hyperbole. That said, the combination of him, Natalie Sawyer and often Simon Jordan often do have some great debates (mainly as a result of Jordan and Sawyer), you just have to cut through the undergrowth of constantly hyping his contact book and reach as a journalist.

Nailed it. The Jim White Show would be infinitely better without Jim White ruining it by constantly telling us how the 'switchboard is red hot' and 'twitter is going mad' with something trivial he's raised. I like quite a lot about Talksport, but can't listen to either him or Brazil (who has a single method of questioning of 'so what about.............?', talks over everyone, is only interested in the top 6 and his pal 'Davey' Moyes and spends half the time talking about either his latest, or upcoming pissup. I wish they'd bin Brazil and let Woodsy take over the breakfast show - she's excellent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually like Adrian Durham

I used to eg The Daily Arsenal on their never ending woes.

But a couple of years back it wore thin, I really hate his show and faux persona now. 9 minutes of his domineering loud noise in taking a pretend controversial view, followed by 6 minutes of zzzzz travel news and builders/vans ads.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Nailed it. The Jim White Show would be infinitely better without Jim White ruining it by constantly telling us how the 'switchboard is red hot' and 'twitter is going mad' with something trivial he's raised. I like quite a lot about Talksport, but can't listen to either him or Brazil (who has a single method of questioning of 'so what about.............?', talks over everyone, is only interested in the top 6 and his pal 'Davey' Moyes and spends half the time talking about either his latest, or upcoming pissup. I wish they'd bin Brazil and let Woodsy take over the breakfast show - she's excellent.

If Woodsy took over from Brazil, and Jim White left Sawyer to it, TalkSport would immediately become a far more credible listen. Also, more Danny Kelly please.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Congratulations to Jim, Moose and the team on winning radio show of the year at the sports journalists awards, fully deserved.

:lol:

Genuinely shocked by that verdict, but then the shortlist wasn't exactly up to much. The Jim and Nat show isn't even the best one on the station, let alone in the industry.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have a friend who used to work in fleet street and he said Jim White is an obnoxious arrogant sod who loves the sound of his own voice but he's insanely good at his job, the contacts he has built up, the persona he has developed, and the amount of hard work he has got to where he is now. No surprise his listener figures continue to rise since he took over from Colin Murray and awards like these are coming his and Mooses way.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The genuine grumpiness of Jacobs on a Monday if Chelsea have failed to beat an alleged 'park the bus' team is hilarious. But he wears his heart on his sleeve. His mate Hawksby's a clever, witty, positive and good bloke. Perfect foils for one another.

Hawksbee was my old editor on 90 Minutes football mag back in the day. Lovely bloke and a comic genius.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see this bellend is 'trending' because he seems to think it's ok to switch your support from one club to another for any given reason and at any time.

I mean... :shootself:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I see this bellend is 'trending' because he seems to think it's ok to switch your support from one club to another for any given reason and at any time.

Heard a bit of this earlier today on TS. Trevor Sinclair (or Sinkler as Jim White pronounces it) said it was ok to change your support to a non league club if your club is taken over by corrupt owners (quoting Blackpool) then revert to original club when corrupt owners are booted out. This is wrong on so many levels.

They just don’t get it do they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

He's actually taken his lead from a Matt Dickenson column in todays Times where he raises this exact issue, and has run with it to get a reaction to "light up the switchboard". I think Dickensons is fairly tongue-in-cheek article, as he's apparently been winding up his sons about switching from QPR to Brentford, what with the new stadium now and being in with a shout of PL football. Whereas White is just an obnoxious albino scotch prick who licks EVERYBODIES arse "Oh Simon, Simon you are so on form today mate aren't you mate, you are my mate aren't you mate ? You're talking SO much sense mmmmmMMMmmm shhhlllluurrrup".

Can't stand the bloke. I wouldn't piss on his gums if his teeth were on fire.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018

Depends on the circumstances of course. But I wouldn’t judge someone for doing it. Have you read Gullhanger by Mike Ward on the subject? Worth a read.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's actually taken his lead from a Matt Dickenson column in todays Times where he raises this exact issue, and has run with it to get a reaction to "light up the switchboard". I think Dickensons is fairly tongue-in-cheek article, as he's apparently been winding up his sons about switching from QPR to Brentford, what with the new stadium now and being in with a shout of PL football. Whereas White is just an obnoxious albino scotch prick who licks EVERYBODIES arse "Oh Simon, Simon you are so on form today mate aren't you mate, you are my mate aren't you mate ? You're talking SO much sense mmmmmMMMmmm shhhlllluurrrup".

Can't stand the bloke. I wouldn't piss on his gums if his teeth were on fire.

:lol: Can your teeth actually catch fire?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Depends on the circumstances of course. But I wouldn’t judge someone for doing it. Have you read Gullhanger by Mike Ward on the subject? Worth a read.

No, I can't say I have. Yes, of course there might be circumstances, but JW seems to be suggesting that a fan could pick or choose to support whoever they wanted at any given time. Just seems a bit bonkers to me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't like Heart but I was working in a house this morning and the customer had it on, I was there for about 2 hours.
2nd job also had it on and 3 of the songs were played while I was at my first job.
Just driven to London with Mrs Chopper and little Chipper, they wanted Heart on and bugger me those 3 same songs were played again.
It seems to me that Heart really like Justin Timberlake.
Is it me or is it inane waffle, ads, more waffle, a competition whereas you have to listen out for a certain song, more ads, a song, more waffle, then the news.

Bit like the old Radio Brighton. I heard a song once that I not listened to since I was a kid. When I looked it up it was in the charts when I was three.

I realised that playing in the kitchen meant exposure to the same songs a number of times during the day. Some stuck in my memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here