Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And he bangs on about Jock football. It's shite White and nobody I mean nobody gives a ****

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Can't stand the bloke. I wouldn't piss on his gums if his teeth were on fire.

What if they weren't?

Every time I see this thread resurface, I mistake it for a discussion of the US musician Jim White. I've got a few of his albums, but his finest work was the trippy, foreboding Southern Gothic documentary film "Searching For The Wrong Eyed Jesus". I've just Googled it and was excited to see that its available on the BBCiPlayer. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074qfn/arena-searching-for-the-wrongeyed-jesus. I haven't seen it for years. That's me set for post match entertainment.

So, thanks to the unbearably shouty, stupid yellow tie modelling old bore for the unintended consequences.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Heard a bit of this earlier today on TS. Trevor Sinclair (or Sinkler as Jim White pronounces it) said it was ok to change your support to a non league club if your club is taken over by corrupt owners (quoting Blackpool) then revert to original club when corrupt owners are booted out. This is wrong on so many levels.

They just don’t get it do they?

What an earth is Sinclair doing on the airwaves anyway? He's a convicted racist:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...inclair-admits-drink-driving-and-racial-abuse

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I read someone on Twitter today saying that Jim White is the human embodiment of the Sun newspaper. I wish I'd thought of that.

When I think of people who switched teams I always think of "soccer" **** Tim Lovejoy. This wonderful article sums him up.

Worst celebrity fan – Tim Lovejoy
There is something truly exceptional about the progression of Tim Lovejoy Watford fan to Tim Lovejoy Chelsea fan, inadvertently revealing everything about both this professional man-child and the worst elements of the modern football supporter. Lovejoy is ‘one of the lads’, when even four out of five of those lads think he is a d*ck. He is a man about whom even his best friend could wince and say “yes, I can see how he rubs people up the wrong way”, before showing you the WhatsApp group that Tim doesn’t know about.

The Taylor Parkes review of Lovejoy on Football will go down in folklore as the pinnacle of its art, but it really is worth picking up a copy of the book and reading it cover to cover. It is the perfect accidental character assassination, 269 pages of the self-penned downfall of a bandwagon-jumping, perma-grinning imbecile. Some passages stop you in your tracks as you stare in open-mouthed amazement at the misplaced chutzpah displayed.

Whether it is the 20-page chapter on ‘What I have given to the game’, the section entitled ‘why there will never be a female referee’ or his frequent reminders that being a football fan is ‘all about engaging in banter’, there can be nobody in the sport’s history who has been wider of the mark when it comes to detailing what makes football great. The entire book is a ‘How not to’ guide in avoiding being punched in the street, outside a pub or by a member of your close family.

Lovejoy is, thankfully, now nothing more than a distant memory to football, forced into his natural habitat of vacuous weekend daytime television. He is the stain on the carpet covered up by a well-positioned plant so you can pretend the sorry incident never existed. And yet he is still, undeniably, Chelsea.

There is also an argument that digging at Lovejoy is shooting a large fish in a small barrel, a tedious pursuit of the uninspired. My instant retort, as ever, lies in that book:

‘There is an unwritten law that states that any woman under 40 that walks around the pitch must be subjected to a chorus of wolf whistles and then a ‘Get your t*ts out’ chant. The thing is, I believe that the women that do go on the pitch know full well this is going to happen – that’s why they always wear high heels and full make-up.’

And there you have it, misogyny and the culture of victim-shaming wrapped up in one shitty paragraph in one shitty book by one shitty man. Lovejoy is not just a celebrity football fan but the worst celebrity football fan. He is the poster boy for a generation of men who **** around, **** up and then **** off. The only pleasing line in the entire book is the one that begins ‘Later, when we were getting divorced’. ‘Yes’, you think, ‘there is a God’.

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-hall-of-shame-chelsea

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Left Sky Sports News after 23 years today, not a dry eye in the house when he announced it and they showed his highlights and a lovely tribute from Franz Beckenbauer.

:nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
[tweet]1500988142991597570[/tweet]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here