Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: Jim White

  1. #1
    Tyson Gay crodonilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lyme Regis
    Posts
    9,045

    Jim White


    0 Not allowed!
    What's everyone's thoughts on him? Just heard he's getting record ratings for his talksport radio show 10-1 weekdays. Obviously doing something right as he's already the nations favourite Sky Sports News presenter.

    Would you say his yellow tie is the most iconic garment in sports broadcasting today?
    Last edited by crodonilson; 19-12-2016 at 11:01.
    Winner with a capital W
    1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Didsbury, Manchester
      Posts
      5,077


      1 Not allowed!
      I don't know him as I don't have sky. Is it the snooker player?
    • #3
      U.T.A. Barry Izbak's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Hove, actually
      Posts
      6,271


      5 Not allowed!
      I've stopped listening to mornings since he started on there over hyping everything
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK?
    • #4
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      11,252


      0 Not allowed!
      He's a ledge.

      Name:  2BE3451A00000578-0-image-a-27_1441146927943.jpg
Views: 2760
Size:  109.6 KB
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #5

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would you say his yellow tie is the most iconic garment in sports broadcasting today?
      No.
    • #6
      Members Quinney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Hastings
      Posts
      2,948


      2 Not allowed!
      He's a good listen, seems very knowledgeable and well connected. I can't stand "The Two Mikes" I have to turn them off.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • #7

      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barry Izbak View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've stopped listening to mornings since he started on there over hyping everything
      This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout him as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

      Massive turn-off for me, I'm afraid.
      Last edited by Greg Bobkin; 19-12-2016 at 11:41.
    • #8

      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout his as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

      Massive turn-off for me, I'm afraid.
      Spot on. Murrays show had everything from Jossies Giants to baseball. Now it's just a PL **** fest now and all the worse for it.

      Given Murray left because of the Liverpool / news international relationship it shows how scouse Mick 'don't forget to feed those horses' Quinn really is. I hate that fat weapons grade bell cheese.
    • #9
      Members Not Andy Naylor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Seven Dials
      Posts
      6,628


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout his as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

      Massive turn-off for me, I'm afraid.
      Agreed. The ratings may be to do with the fact that Colin Murray annoys a lot of people, but to me Murray is listenable and funny and Jim White is, er, not. H & J are good too.
    • #10

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Spot on. Murrays show had everything from Jossies Giants to baseball. Now it's just a PL **** fest now and all the worse for it.

      Given Murray left because of the Liverpool / news international relationship it shows how scouse Mick 'don't forget to feed those horses' Quinn really is. I hate that fat weapons grade bell cheese.
      The thing I never get about him is that he seems to 'support' both Liverpool and Newcastle in equal measure. Almost switches allegiance when it suits him.

      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed. The ratings may be to do with the fact that Colin Murray annoys a lot of people, but to me Murray is listenable and funny and Jim White is, er, not. H & J are good too.
      H&J are great. The only show I bother to listen to on that station these days.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •