Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What's everyone's thoughts on him? Just heard he's getting record ratings for his talksport radio show 10-1 weekdays. Obviously doing something right as he's already the nations favourite Sky Sports News presenter.

Would you say his yellow tie is the most iconic garment in sports broadcasting today?

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've stopped listening to mornings since he started on there over hyping everything

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's a ledge.

2BE3451A00000578-0-image-a-27_1441146927943.jpg

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He's a good listen, seems very knowledgeable and well connected. I can't stand "The Two Mikes" I have to turn them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've stopped listening to mornings since he started on there over hyping everything

This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout him as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

Massive turn-off for me, I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout his as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

Spot on. Murrays show had everything from Jossies Giants to baseball. Now it's just a PL **** fest now and all the worse for it.

Given Murray left because of the Liverpool / news international relationship it shows how scouse Mick 'don't forget to feed those horses' Quinn really is. I hate that fat weapons grade bell cheese.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout his as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

Agreed. The ratings may be to do with the fact that Colin Murray annoys a lot of people, but to me Murray is listenable and funny and Jim White is, er, not. H & J are good too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Spot on. Murrays show had everything from Jossies Giants to baseball. Now it's just a PL **** fest now and all the worse for it.

Given Murray left because of the Liverpool / news international relationship it shows how scouse Mick 'don't forget to feed those horses' Quinn really is. I hate that fat weapons grade bell cheese.

The thing I never get about him is that he seems to 'support' both Liverpool and Newcastle in equal measure. Almost switches allegiance when it suits him.

Agreed. The ratings may be to do with the fact that Colin Murray annoys a lot of people, but to me Murray is listenable and funny and Jim White is, er, not. H & J are good too.

H&J are great. The only show I bother to listen to on that station these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I much preferred Colin Murray. Also like H&J and the Two Mikes. Don't like White's programme at all - too much focus on PL.

Seagullssss

Aug 3, 2016
Jim's show is exactly that, all about football. It is very Premier League heavy but he's made a real effort to chase up stories about Charlton and Coventry in recent weeks - something we could have done with when going through a similar situation.

There is no doubt that there is little talk about other sports, but I don't think the show is trying to hide that fact. What it does have is top guests all the time, so if you're bang into your football it's perfect really. For example, Gary Rowett, who has done nothing since leaving Birmingham, is on next.

To the OP, how do you know his show has good ratings? Would love to see how it compares to H&J and a few others

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Colin Murray seemed like a fan of football who happened to host a radio show. Used to really enjoy it, you can imagine he is the same if you met him in a pub as he was on the show.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Colin Murray was excellent.

Jim White annoys me after 5 mins.... he has become a caricature of himself somehow...

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Colin Murrays show during the Euros was fantastic. He was a real football fan right in the thick of the action, brilliant

As for H & J number 1 show on the radio for me

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I like the Jim White show, this morning he had Harry Redknapp and Dean Ashton as co-hosts and it worked well. They had Rowett on as a guest which was interesting.
I couldn't stand Colin Murray so I am slightly biased

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Used to like Saturday morning's with Mick Quinn, but Tony Cascarino is in that slot now, and frankly, I know more about football than him.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Colin Murray with Steve Bunce, Daley Thompson and Danny Murphy was the absolute business. Jim White sensationalizes everything. My favourite show is now Goldstein and Cundy. Some of the callers they get are epic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here