Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
And no doubt the head of Rajar told Jim EXCLUSIVELY in a phone call EXCLUSIVELY to Jim White.

Well I’m one listener they have lost in that slot since he replaced Colin Murray, can’t stand White.

Problem with Murray though was he was BORING.

Jim WHite gets to the heart of the big issues of the day that football fans care out so today for example 'Is Solskjaer the right man to lead Man U back to glory?', 'Who should Liverpool sign to finish above Man CIty next season?, 'Can Chelsea keep hold of Edin Hazard if Real Madrid come knocking?'

Whereas Murray would be going on about what's your favourite snooker ball colour or have you ever met a footballer in a kebab shop?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Problem with Murray though was he was BORING.

Jim WHite gets to the heart of the big issues of the day that football fans care out so today for example 'Is Solskjaer the right man to lead Man U back to glory?', 'Who should Liverpool sign to finish above Man CIty next season?, 'Can Chelsea keep hold of Edin Hazard if Real Madrid come knocking?'

Whereas Murray would be going on about what's your favourite snooker ball colour or have you ever met a footballer in a kebab shop?

[emoji23]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure if it makes it better or worse, but Nat Sawyer seems to have got in on the JW gig on TS mornings. I'm not sure whether she's a permanent fixture with the yellow-tied bellend as she seems to be there one day and then gone the next before she reappears again. Anyway, I endured a bit of it (partly because I was interested to know what it would be like – JW was off today) and what followed was a bizarre few segments. They kicked off the show talking about films and film characters they were scared of – asking for listeners to call in with their own suggestions – the three initial ones mentioned were the clown from IT, Freddie Kruger and Jaws. They then branched out to Tintin and then Peter Rabbit, saying how he wasn't scary, but was quite the cheeky bunny chappie :eek:

They (Sawyer, Holloway and Pezza Groves) then went on to talk about VAR, after saying they weren't going to talk about VAR. Only they actually mentioned just ONE instance of VAR, that of the city match. I never thought I'd ever say it, but it was possibly worse than the actual JW show!

Dreadful radio. Yes I could've turned over, but sometimes you have to appreciate how good other stations are when compared to this shite.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
JW does my nut in on talk Sport, the sensationalism of every little thing drives me insane

Hawksbee and Jacobs are great.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
JW off on holiday in Palma Nova this week but will be back next week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
JW does my nut in on talk Sport, the sensationalism of every little thing drives me insane

Agreed.

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on a Sunday are decent.

Also agreed. Quite like Bingham and Cascarino at the weekends too.

I’ve given up on Alan Brazil now, way too annoying. Only interested in the big 4, talks over people and sounds like he’s chewing food all the time (probably is). The breakfast show was, though, excellent when Laura Woods was standing in for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hate JW.

That is all. I'll come back next time this thread is bounced to say it again.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning on a Sunday are decent.

Yep, I've added them to the small list of TS shows I can stomach.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I do find him annoying ‘my friend’....but Simon (I know everything and love the sound of my own voice) I truly detest :moo:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Jim W is an inveterate name-dropper, but I find him to be a competent presenter, although he does hype-up every issue. I used to be a fan of H&J but they just fight for the space to deliver the next gag. There's hardly any opportunity for one of the to say anything without the other cutting in and 'out-gagging' the other.

And as for Darren Gough...…………….he is to broadcasting what Jeremy Paxman would be to fast bowling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here