Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The rain in Spain

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Hasn´t stayed mainly on the plain this week. Since Thursday night we have had a YEARS worth of rain in 4 days in Murcia .Any other Spanish seagulls been affected by this? Can,t wait to get to UK tommorrow to dry out and see the family.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Hasn´t stayed mainly on the plain this week. Since Thursday night we have had a YEARS worth of rain in 4 days in Murcia .Any other Spanish seagulls been affected by this? Can,t wait to get to UK tommorrow to dry out and see the family.
I blame Merkel... this tidal wave of migration has disrupted the traditional weather patterns in Western Europe.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just arrived last night at my villa near mazarron 40 miles from Murcia and it was really bad last night driving thru the lightning storm.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Let's hope the fog clears over here, so you can actually land.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Yep, same here in Javea, Alicante. It reached us on Friday night with torrential rain and high winds. Had to stay indoors all weekend and watch Sport! Today (Monday) should be the last of it hopefully. Getting a bit stir-crazy now tbh.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No rain today in Madrid but it is friggin freezing, snow on the mountain tops. This is the view from my classroom today.

Snow.jpg

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Pretty nasty on the Alicante coast. We were cut off from our town last night but the sun has broken through at last this morning so might go out and see how much damage there was around us. Looks like we have paddy fields all around us! We did have one stretch of almost 12 hours of continuous unbroken heavy rain over the weekend and in total more than a year's worth in 48 hours. The River Segura has broken its banks in Orihuela but I think we are better off further downstream.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Yep, same here in Javea, Alicante. It reached us on Friday night with torrential rain and high winds. Had to stay indoors all weekend and watch Sport! Today (Monday) should be the last of it hopefully. Getting a bit stir-crazy now tbh.
I saw that they had pushed the sand up the Arenal beach to protect against a storm surge. I assume that everything was OK in the end?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I saw that they had pushed the sand up the Arenal beach to protect against a storm surge. I assume that everything was OK in the end?

Wish I could tell you more but have hardly left the house today. Should be OK from tomorrow. Still wet and windy at the moment with rough seas for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here