Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread for the Bedwetters

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Assuming we beat QPR that will take our tally to 51 points at half way stage 102 for the season.

We have dropped 18 points so far and can drop another 18 points to finish the season on 102 points.

However to finish on 94 points we can drop 26 points over the next 23 games to finish 2nd that equates to 6 defeats and 4 draws or whatever way you want to look at it.

No team has ever finished 2nd with more than 93 points.

We are in a great position with a great squad. Just remain positive and relent from nailing certain players as it causes negativity!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You lost me on the first sentance - never assume a win in this league!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Assuming we beat QPR that will take our tally to 51 points at half way stage 102 for the season.

We have dropped 18 points so far and can drop another 18 points to finish the season on 102 points.

However to finish on 94 points we can drop 26 points over the next 23 games to finish 2nd that equates to 6 defeats and 4 draws or whatever way you want to look at it.

No team has ever finished 2nd with more than 93 points.

We are in a great position with a great squad. Just remain positive and relent from nailing certain players as it causes negativity!!!!

Hallelujah to the last line. Astonishes me that people don't get how moaning at players brings down the atmosphere and can affect the players themselves. There's a reason we're called 'supporters' - have a good moan after the game if you really have to, but get behind the team, thick or thin, as long as they're giving it their all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Currently +4 points over the win-at-home-draw-away 92 point finish.

:albion2:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's got to that time of year again when people start trotting out what happened to the second-placed team.

It doesn't matter. What matters is what's happened to third-placed or, even better, what will happen to the third-placed team this season. Finish better than that, and we're up.
Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but the best-placed third team in the history of the Championship is none other than B&HA in 2015-16, who finished on 89 points. In other words, if the entirety of history is anything to go by, we need 90 points to guarantee promotion: 12 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses will do it for us from where we currently are. And given that we've lost seven in the last 69 games, we're in a position that is problematic for the bedwetters.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
It's got to that time of year again when people start trotting out what happened to the second-placed team.

It doesn't matter. What matters is what's happened to third-placed or, even better, what will happen to the third-placed team this season. Finish better than that, and we're up.
Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but the best-placed third team in the history of the Championship is none other than B&HA in 2015-16, who finished on 89 points. In other words, if the entirety of history is anything to go by, we need 90 points to guarantee promotion: 12 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses will do it for us from where we currently are. And given that we've lost seven in the last 69 games, we're in a position that is problematic for the bedwetters.

You right. West Brom won the league on 81 points in 2007/08. That's low!!

So 89 will do it then with our GD so we can drop another 5 points

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't t pathetic that someone is still whining on about 'bedwetters'. FFS, Hyypia left two years ago, you dork! (which was pretty much the point when the bedwetters were exonerated - Hyypia's time at the Albion HAD been sh1t).

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Isn't t pathetic that someone is still whining on about 'bedwetters'. FFS, Hyypia left two years ago, you dork! (which was pretty much the point when the bedwetters were exonerated - Hyypia's time at the Albion HAD been sh1t).

There are loads still around you dork

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are loads still around you dork

Thanks for your comment - it actually makes you the dork rather than me, though. Some of us were very worried quite early on in Hyypia's regime, but are not complaining now. Those (and I don't like the use of the term 'lickers' either) people who liked to bleat 'Bedwetters' at every opportunity suddenly disappeared off NSC a long time ago - or at least stopped bleating it (I wonder why!) - and so it's pretty pathetic to try and resurrect the derogatory term now.

'Lickers' and 'Bedwetters' - a very sad chapter in NSC's history; best left dead and buried.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Thanks for your comment - it actually makes you the dork rather than me, though. Some of us were very worried quite early on in Hyypia's regime, but are not complaining now. Those (and I don't like the use of the term 'lickers' either) people who liked to bleat 'Bedwetters' at every opportunity suddenly disappeared off NSC a long time ago - or at least stopped bleating it (I wonder why!) - and so it's pretty pathetic to try and resurrect the derogatory term now.

'Lickers' and 'Bedwetters' - a very sad chapter in NSC's history; best left dead and buried.

Cool story

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Succinctly put.

In other words, this is equivalent to winning our home games and drawing HALF of our away games (losing the others). I'm not saying this is exactly what will happen but that this is now the yardstick.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hadn't looked at it in this way. I'm going to use this to count down and hopefully keep my sheets dry:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

On a purely pedantic point, Sunderland were third on 90 points in 1997-98 (Boro were second).They went up as champions the following season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
12 Wins-
H - QPR
H - Cardiff
A -Fulham
A - Brentford
H - Burton
H - Ipswich
A - Barnsley
A - Rotherham
H - Blackburn
H - Birmingham
A - QPR
A - Wolves PARTY TIME, THIS IS GAME 12
H - Wigan
H - Bristol City

6 Draws
A - PNE
H - Sheff Wed
H - Newcastle
A - Huddersfield
H - Reading
A - Forest
H - Derby

6 Defeats
A - Leeds
A - Norwich

AND THE 'WHO CARES' GAME AS IT'S DONE AND DUSTED
A - Villa

Plastic sheets on my bed tonight just in case.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Sunderland had 90pts in third in '98. They lost in the playoffs too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here